Saturday, December 27, 2008

CHRISTMAS AT THE SAN JUAN BEACH

Another post by Milton:


For new readers to this site, I am writing since Kristy's battle with a GBM brain tumor and her passing on July 21. Kristy made me a romantic so I write to share christian love stories.


***

We couldn't have Christmas in San Juan without a trip to the beach so Christmas afternoon we all loaded up and headed to a beach in Condado, an area in San Juan. It was windy, but the kiddies loved playing in the water. It was warmer than Florida is right now and has no snow like those of you up North. 

When I was a child I remember thinking that going swimming at any pool, river, lake, pond, or beach was like going to heaven. Our kiddies still think that, but life changes and so have my interests in swimming. Walking, jogging, or running the beach is much more preferred to me now.



Living in Jacksonville means that the beach is just minutes from my house and all along I head there for a walk or bike ride. I plan on running the beach when I get back to town as the Jacksonville River Run is coming up in March. I've got to step it up to make that happen. The River Run is a 15 K  or 9.3 mile run. I have done it several times, but I am not in very good shape right now. That is the goal when I return home--to get in better shape. I'm headed toward the River Run.






The girls and kiddies have been such a blessing to me this Christmas as well as all my dear friends, church family, and my dear family. I have been blessed and I choose to join with my girls and count our blessings even in this tough season of loss. 
"God is so good," Kristy said over and over during her life and even in her illness.

God is so good. God is so good. God is so good to me.

3 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family : >

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Hi Milton,
I loved these beach photos of you and your daughters and grandkids. What a great family. You are blessed.

Glad you have set a goal to get stronger and prepare for that race. The end of the year is a time for reflection and goal setting.

God is good, and He gives new seasons and new direction to all of us.

Praying blessings for you and your dear family,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home