Thursday, January 08, 2009

WANDA BROUGHT HER BIBLE

ANOTHER POST BY MILTON:


For new readers to this site, I am writing since Kristy's battle with a GBM brain tumor and her passing on July 21. Kristy made me a romantic so I write to share christian love stories.


***


Wanda brought he Bible on our first date. I had asked her if there was something that God had shown her about God's plan for her and for us. After lunch while we sat in Starbucks and had coffee, she took her Bible and shared a few Scriptures with me. She read from the Old Testament and we talked about how God had been speaking to her, to me, and to us. We had been praying nightly together over the phone and God was confirming His will to us.

Christian romance was what this was all about. It was about two very committed believers walking with God and God leading their lives and good things coming out of holy and good relationship. Christ was at the center of this new love and relationship.

Can you have fun and take your Bible on your first date?

Yes, we were having fun. I like to laugh and tell jokes and poke fun and tease some and see if I can get a stir out of someone. And Wanda likes to laugh too and Lord knows both of us needed some laughing.

But this relationship was also spiritual. You learn after going through what both of us had with losing spouses that we each dearly loved that life is short, things changed quickly, and we have no assurance of tomorrow. So, we have to make things count and the best way to make things count is to make sure that God is at the top of the list and that you are following Him.

That is what Wanda and I were doing. We were trying with all of our hearts to follow Him and make sure He was at the top of our list.

It is really amazingly, incredible how God connected us so quickly with our children's blessings and that we connected and had so much fun and yet it was spiritual, and good, and clean, and pure and we knew that it felt right. There would be no regrets because God was at the top of the list.

This relationship is right. It is spiritual. It is fun. He has the peace of God in it.

We left Winter Park that afternoon and we had a very good date.

***

Tomorrow I will write about a bet that my daughters made between each other about our first date. I am going to quickly wrap of this phase of telling about my first love in the next day or so and then write some concluding thoughts on this blog.

My thoughts will then be written on a new blog that will be linked from this blog to the new site for readers to follow. That will happen in a week or so.

My idea for the new blog title is:

Plea -- an appeal to the higher good--

How does that sound?


I haven't finalized that yet, but I have been praying over it and that is a focused description of a what a major part of my calling and personal purpose is all about. My life and calling to a great degree has been a "Plea" for people to live for the higher good that is found in serving the Lord. I am called to preach and part of preaching is to plea for the higher good.

The new blog will not be a preachy blog, but it will be an inspirational, funny, romantic, encouraging, motivational, personal, and with a wide ranging style of writings that will push couples, individuals, young and old, believers, and unbelievers to the higher good.

I still have to write about Carrabelle, FL and Barney's cousin and funny church stuff and small towns and life and death and falling down and getting up and trying over and over and a lot of good that always overcomes the bad.

Good is better than bad.

Tell me what you think--the good, the bad, the ugly about this potential blog name.

Plea--an appeal to the higher good

If I can't handle it, then the filter will wipe it away.

Ha!

16 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton,
I love that Wanda brought her Bible - more people should bring their Bibles on their dates and there would be a lot less problem relationships, I think!

IMHO, I think you should keep this blog open or I hope you seriously consider writing your new love story as a book.

A thought just came to me, what about "For the Love of God: His Love Stories"

Whatever you do, I hope you will continue sharing about Wanda & you - your readers are HOOKED!

By the way, can you tell us how long this love has been blossoming? Sounds like a few months at least? And please do post a picture of Wanda.

Love & prayers,
MaryAnn from PA

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will post a picture of Wanda at a later time. For now the mystery will have to continue.

She is a beautiful, tiny, brunette and a very sweet lady. I am honoring her wish in this matter.

Curiosity did what?

Thanks for understanding.

Milton

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the "For the love of God: his love stories: better than Plea...maybe you should keep processing

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad, I think both you, Wanda, Mom, and Jim are four special people. I have a lot of thoughts on this, but I need to organize them and write them down when I can.

But for now, I know both you and Wanda are such strong, solid, faithful people. You've weathered some tough times, because trials do happen in life, but still, because of your faithfulness and the good daily life choices you both have always, consistently made, you have both found a second true love. You compliment one another, and you will be there for one another and will help make life sweeter for each other.

I have a lot of thoughts in regards to your life, the choices you have made in your life and how you've handeled things throughout your life, and the things you are now reaping because of how you have lived your life. And I have thoughts about you and your bloggers' comments over the last months. I'm constantly thinking things, but as a single mom with two kids and two jobs, I hardly ever have time to sit down, organize my thoughts, and put them down on paper. To wrap this up, I'd like to do this. And I think you (we) can find the perfect title for your new blog. The one you came up with is good. I think you need to combine that idea with some ideas I have and you will have the perfect (catchy or sound-pleasing) title!

I love you Dad. I'm thankful for you and I'm proud of you! :) Love, Julie

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Heather Bug said...

God sure is writing an amazing love story!!!

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, I love what Julie had to say. Not that the one you were considering is not good....it just needs to have that certain "snap" in it. As Julie suggested...a catchy or sound-pleasing title would be so great.

God is truly rewarding you for your faithfulness to Him for all these years. I am so happy for you.

Cathy

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,
How about "Born Again" Hearts loving a 2nd time" or something like that.

It is true that you & your family should come up with the title, but you did ask for our 2 cents.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like the title, Milton. It's vague. You get it, but will others? I think you should brainstorm more..

Perhaps you can continue on the theme of this blog, but change it to reflect the 2nd part of your journey. MyChristianLoveStory -- that encompasses your first love, your love for God, His love for others, and your new love.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

I heard Julie speak at Kristy's funeral (via the Internet) and I'm certain that you two will come up with a winning title for your new blog. What you have isn't awful, but the word itself, "plea" isn't one that is used much these days. When I first saw it, my instinct was that you'd left off the "se" for the word "please." See? I was just not used to seeing the word "plea" written down. I'm sure you and Julie will find something "catchy," as she put it.

I must say that I nearly cried, reading about your date with Wanda. And even though I only know you through Kristy and this blog, I firmly believe that what Julie wrote here is so true. You (and Wanda) have lived your life in such a way to cause this blessing of a fresh, new love to come into your life. You've proven that not only can you serve God in the good times, but also in the darkest night. Like Job, you never lost faith in GOD! You never doubted that He was still in charge and still good, through it all.

If only there were more people in the world like you, who want God at the TOP of the list, and live their lives in obedience to Him.

Bless you and Wanda... I didn't mean to get off on a ramble here. Your story is very inspiring and uplifting.

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't like the title either, but there have been so many comments in the past that I didn't want to seem negative! Keep Trying Milton.

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding a picture of Wanda, I say she's a total sweetheart for permitting you to blog about your personal and private moments. If she never wants her picture posted, so be it. We'll survive.

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The title is weird and does not fit the love story at all! My opinion isn't necessary, but I'd have trouble continuting a blog that says "Plea" caus it's not worthy of the "Miracle Love Story".
Unless you have doubts of your love and you need to Plea. Agree? or Disagree?

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That title sounds like you're reaching for something, but can't find it. You can do better than that. MyChristianLoveStory sounds good, like the other blogger said. It's more dignified!! (ha)

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Victoria Bylin said...

Hi Milton,
You know you're a writer when you go on a title hunt : ) Being blunt here, but "Plea" doesn't work for me. My first reaction was confusion. I'm not a fan of "hooky" titles, but I'd go with something more "heart" oriented rather than "head" oriented.

I read that you're planning on broadening the scoop of your next blog, but its roots will always be in "Christian Love Stories." To me, a Christian Love Story includes all kinds of love, including the Lord's love for us. He walks with us. A pastor and church walk together. Two friends walk together. A husband and wife walk together.

This isn't very original but how about "Two by Two: A Christian's Journey" or "Two by Two: Together With the One." That last one's a bit convoluted, but that's the idea.

The scripture that comes to mind is "Can two walk together, unless they be agreed?" I can't recall the chapter and verse, but I'm sure you know it.

Thank you for sharing your journey. My dad passed some years ago and my mom remarried (Hooray!). I relate very much to your daughters.

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Be Still and know that I am God?

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger THOMBU1 said...

Brother Milton, I can't comment on your title as I have a hard time putting a title on my poems, however I feel the title should reflect the type of viewers you want to attract. The more vague it is, the more curious the reader will be, the more humorous the more fun loving the viewer will be. I feel the present title of this blog, reflects those who are in Christ who desire the more romantic style of writing, who are seeking such to enjoy. I am sure that whatever He leads you to name it would work. OK I am a nut at heart, so mine would e probably something like" Hey You, Looky Here" Ha! But like I said that is not not forte. May God bless your socks off in the coming days as He reveals His plans for you!!!!
tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home