Tuesday, October 10, 2006

CELEBRATING WITH A CONVERTIBLE CADILLAC




Good friends of ours own a classic '68 Sedan de Ville convertible Cadillac, and for Milton's birthday, they suggested a surprise birthday party for him. A carload of guys would pick up Milton in the Cadillac, their wives (me included) would get to the 50s restaurant at the beach before they arrived, and some other couples would join us as well.

It turned out to be a fun evening. Bill's in the driver's seat in the Caddy, to your left, after we finished eating, putting the top back down so Milton could drive me it. It's been a long time since I've been in a convertible, so it was a treat. With 50s music blaring (well, not really; we were kind to cars beside us) from the newly-installed CD player, we cruised down the highway to one of the couple's houses where we had luscious homemade cake, ice cream, and coffee.

It was a great birthday. There was lots of love and laughter and friendship. A Christian love story.

P.S. I'm learning how to post pictures. I meant for the cake picture to be here.

6 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear kristy, I've enjoyed and agreed with your comments about showing cleavage. I, too, have been saddened to see other women dress in clothing that show things only their husband should see! Thanks for being willing to share what God placed on your heart. rose

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thanks, Rose, for your comments of confirmation! I'd made notes several weeks ago about the cleavage issue, intending to blog about it. As I said in the first post, it's a subject I've taught to women's groups for a long time. So, I've always believed in modesty. It isn't something new. Boy, do we need to teach on it nowadays!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Eden said...

Kristy, I love the photos you posted. You go girl! 50s music is awesome. God bless you!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thanks, airforcefamily, for commenting! We had a great time!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

What fun! Those are the kind of birthdays you'll always remember. I think I know all the words to all the 50s adn 60s songs. :o)

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Be a dear
And kiss my feet!

Didn't Elvis sing that?

GRIN

However, I'm too young for Elvis. But I like to hear his songs every now and then.

Ain't nuthin' but a hound dog...
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home