Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'M SORRY. WILL YOU FORGIVE ME?



It's the day before Valentine's Day.

It's the week of Valentine's Day.

It's a time for love, a time of reflection about love.

It's also a time to ask forgiveness for the things you've done wrong all year, according to a newspaper article I read. It said husbands can apologize for leaving the toilet seat up or for burping, and wives can apologize for letting their hair clog the drain in the shower or for nagging. This article said, "Husbands and wives, what 'heinous' behavior should you be forgiven for? And--more importantly--what do you think your partner should say he or she is sorry for?"

There are six words in the English language that are hard to utter. "I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?" Some people have never said those words. It would break their jaw. The best person in the marriage, however, is the one who will say them, in my opinion.

Maybe you've never said them. Now's your chance.

What do you need to ask forgiveness for?

For starters, if you're the one who has a difficult time saying these words, then say, "I'm sorry that I never say I'm sorry. I'll try to do better this year."

Maybe the writer of this newspaper article is all washed up. Maybe you don't need to say you're sorry because you work at your marriage, and you tend to your faux pas when they happen and don't let them fester.

I hope that's the way it is at your house.

Happy Valentine's Day Eve.

3 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Katybug said...

"This article said, "Husbands and wives, what 'heinous' behavior should you be forgiven for? And--more importantly--what do you think your partner should say he or she is sorry for?"

Maybe the writer of this newspaper article is all washed up."

*********

I would imagine this writer is all washed up. Interesting how he/she is more interested in HEARING "I'm sorry" than SAYING "I'm sorry". Notice what was more important? How someone else has wronged me, not what do I needed to make right. What heinous behavior SHOULD I be forgiven for? Once again, the writer has it wrong. There's not one thing I SHOULD be forgiven for, but out of God's grace & mercy--not to mention my dear husband's!!!--I am forgiven.

Thank you for all you've been sharing lately. I stumbled on your blog while checking out your "6 wierd things". I have very much enjoyed hearing what the two of you have been saying about marriage recently, and it has come at a very opportune--should I say divinely appointed?:-)--time for me. Thank you both...I look forward to reading more!

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

You mean I'm not perfect? Who boy. I'm in trouble. ;)

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Katybug, thanks for your comments. Glad you found my blog. I pray God's highest blessings on you and your family. God bless--

Ane, you're a scream!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home