Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I'M GROWING BANANAS...SEE MY PHOTOS!


The other day, the doorbell rang, and when I answered it, my neighbor was standing there. "Come see. Come see." She dashed across my yard toward hers, waving for me to follow her, which I did. "You're growing bananas!" We ran to the side of my house, and there, in the middle of the cold-damaged brown fonds of one of my tropical banana trees were two new stalks of bananas growing as pretty as you please! She came to tell me, because only days before, I had lamented to her about the cold damage to my banana trees as well as to my pygmy palms, and she had assured me they'd be lush and green again. I knew that from previous years' experience, but I still didn't like the damage they'd sustained. I wrote about this last week, here on my blog. You can click here to read that post.


This is a picture of the two stalks of bananas after I pruned the trees and removed the brown fronds.


This is a closeup. The big purple thing will "hatch" more stalks, my neighbor said. In fact, the tall pointed pink and yellow thing was once a big purple thing encasing the stalks.

In my previous post, I talked about damage that sometimes comes in marriage, and in our relationships with others. I talked about how the sun will eventually heal the cold damage on my plants and, the Son will eventually heal the damage in our relationships, as we pray about it and trust Him to work on our behalf.

Seeing my stalks of bananas signified new life to me. And even though I had to prune the brown fronds of my banana trees, leaving no fronds at all--the poor trees look so bare, they remind me of skinny totem poles--I know they'll once again flourish.

If you've sustained damage in your marriage or in a relationship with a friend or relative or coworker, take heart! Believe for healing.

2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What a neat post! Thanks so much for sharing this! Great pictures btw, you are becoming such a good photographer!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Hi, Sweetie. Thanks for reading my blog and commenting. I love taking pictures. It's fun.
Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home