Thursday, November 15, 2007

FIREWORKS, ETC.

Well, the fireworks last night were...sweeter than our honeymoon night all those years ago. We "saved ourselves" for marriage. That's our belief system. So there we were, as fresh as the driven snow (what an old cliche for a writer to use), and it was as sweet as sugar (another cliche; sorry; gotta' hop in the shower in minutes and head to the hospital for brain surgery).

Everybody left, finally, last night. They just had the best time, no one wanted to leave. I was feeling really bad. I'd caught a bug from my beautiful three year old Claudia (we'd shared water bottles and lipstick all week), and my throat was killing me, and my head was hurting, and the doc said if I caught ANYTHING, he would cancel the surgery, and here all these people had arrived, PLUS the fact that I'm on Prezzies and antiseizures, and so a little of the time everybody was singing and dancing, I just held my head, worried, worried, worried.

And then the prayers bgan...we're a Levite family, meaning we got tons of preachers...and we always have so much fun...and we can pray like crazy, so I expressed my concern about the "flu" bug I'd contracted, and they prayed and prayed, and different ones prayed in different ways, and...

and...

and...

and...

the flu bug is gone.

the flu bug is gone!

the flu bug is gone!

No more tickle in my throat...no more singus drip...no more slight sniffle.

I'm well...

and I believe this is just a precurosor to what's going to come today.

I'm not scared.

I'm confident.

It's the cloud and the chair. One's over me, the other one's beneath me.

***

P.S. What I wrote about yesterday, the physical relations, see, Milton and I have taught marriage seminars for a long time. Of course we do it in private settings, but you know, I figured a long time ago, that if people can see all they see on TV, etc., why not see and hear about a Christian husband madly in love with his wife, and vice versa.

Renew your relationship with your spouse TODAY! Put down your rifts.

***

My writing yesterday gave Milton, and all of us, lots of laughter, and that's so healthy. Preachers were calling Milton from all over the nation, ribbing him, and he laughed and laughed, and we did, too.

***

I can't tell you how wonderful our evening was, with wonderful food and lots of singing and piano playing and dancing and laughing and praying. It was like a foretaste of heaven.

***

As we Southerners say, y'all come back now, ya year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home