Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I COME TO YOU IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!

One of the songs I've sung multitudinous times with my grandboys, and now my three-year-old "grandgirl" is Only A Boy Named David.

Only a boy named David
Only a little sling
Only a boy named David
But he could pray and sing
Only a boy named David
Only a babbling brook,
Only a boy named David,
But five little stones he took.
And one little stone went in the sling,
And the sling went round and round,
And one little stone went in the sling,
And the sling went round and round.
And around and around and around and around,
And around and around and around.
And one little stone went up in the air,
And the giant came tumbling down!

Maybe I should fill a whole tape with the songs I've always enjoyed singing with my grandchildren and my children's church kids because the doc says when I wake up from surgery, I might not be able to talk or hear. HOWEVER, and that's a big HOWEVER, he hopes that won't happen, and if it does, he says it will be temporary.

I'm facing a giant like David did, but David said, "I COME TO YOU IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!" shouting this. And that's how I'm facing this giant in my life.

3 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

Father, I lift my sister Kristy up to You. Fill her with Your joy and Your praise, and let her thoughts dwell on You. I ask for favor for her and for wisdom and guidance for the surgeons' hands. I ask for compassionate caregivers. I ask for a good outcome and a quick recovery. Send believers into Kristy's life and the lives of her family that are not only prayer support but arms that can hold and comfort and praise You. Whisper in her ear, "You are not alone, My Daughter" and words of comfort and love that only she can hear. Hold her and walk her through this, Lord.
In Jesus' name, amen.

Will be praying for you......

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Kimberley Woodhouse said...

Kristy - we are praying for you! Kayla (10 yo- had brain surgery last year)wants you to know that God is always with you and will never leave you. Do not be afraid. And (with a smile) her advice is to bring your favorite "stuffy" with you - they let her bring hers and they put hospital bracelets on them and brought them into the OR.
James 1:2-4
In Him Who is Almighty God,
an ACFW praying friend,
Kim

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

El Shaddai, Elohim, Adonai, You are the Creator, the Lord Most High. You are our Master whom we love. Lord we call upon Your Name - the Great I AM to be Jehovah-Rapha to Kristy. Go before her, Jehovah-Nissi, be her banner.

Oh Lord you are Jehovah-Sabaoth: the Lord of Hosts, of Heaven's Army. Do battle for her, Lord. And while You battle in the Heavenlies, be Jehovah-Shalom to her and give her peace.

I call upon You, Jehovah-Shammah to be her ever-present Companion. May she feel You by her side. May she know she's never alone. Let her feel You in every breath she takes.

As I look at the sweet laughing picture of Kristy on the car beside Milton, I'm reminded of Your other name, perhaps my favorite, El Roi, the God Who sees me. I know You see Kristy, Abba Father. I know You love her. Love her more than any of us can.

But Jehovah-Rapha, we lift her up before You to heal her.

We give You praise, O Lord, Jehovah-Tsidkenu, our Righteousness.

Amen and amen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home