Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Huggin' and Kissin' and.....




Our first kiss led to other things--wonderful things far beyond what a young buck could imagine.

We dated in church, attended a christian Bible college (now Southeastern University in Lakeland, FL), spent our extra time going on witnessing outreaches, sang in the college traveling choir, and did more spiritual things than most could list. Its true that we did some kissin' and huggin' in the mean time before our wedding night, but we were committed with grit and determination to sexual purity and a greater future together.

We were virgins the night we said our vows. Lots of kissin' and huggin' had gone on, but all hands were kept where they should be and our virtue was without question. The romance before marriage was filled with fun, laughter, church goin', and wholesome things that make the heart and soul fill good when you're done. It was a dance of learning and laughing. This led to a lifetime of no regrets and great blessing in our marriage bed .

Why choose to remain a virgin until marriage? The reasons are many, but here are a few that have meant so much to me.

Because we maintained our purity we have had total trust in each other in our marriage. Kristy knew she could trust me for I had honored her before marriage. I knew I could trust Kristy because I knew she had kept herself pure for me. This bond of loving trust has kept us all these years.

The exploration of marriage love was heightened because we shared its mystery together. She has been my lover, my only lover, and this glorious commitment outshines any promiscuous, casual, or sensual relationship a foolish one would choose. The anticipation and excitment of our wedding night outshined any temporary or casual initmacy. This sacred union has blessed us all these years.

Our restraint before marriage turned into unmatched release in marriage. We were so determined to honor God and each other before marriage that our passion to fulfill each other in marriage has been worth more than a thousand, million illicit bonds with unworthy ones. This sexual discipline has delighted us all these years.

I heard a country song's lyrics that sadly expresses the world's view. It goes:

Before we said we do,
We did,
But now we don't...

In our marriage it has been ....

Before we said we do,
We didn't,
But now we do....

Personally, I like the sound of the last version better.

Now if my words and thoughts make you blush just turn to the Bible and read....

Song of Solomon 4. Read it all. It ends...

"Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits."

Huggin' and kissin'..... and a lifetime of wonderful lovin'.

Well Now....

How Is Kristy?

She had her best day yesterday and her best night last night. She has not had a "breakout" pain in over 35 hours. Praise God!!! She is not recovering enough to blog yet but we are still believing for that to happen soon.
She has an oncologist consultation on Friday. Radiation will follow soon. Doctors say we must wait a brief time after surgery for the brain to heal to best receive the radiation and chemotherapy.

Keep praying for Kristy.... for us.


Her Husband, Milton


PS: I felt compelled to share this blog in hopes someone could use our story and my thoughts to inspire younger ones to a better way. If you failed or if you are yet failing in your personal life in this area, don't be condemned. Give it to Jesus. Let Him cleanse you and free you, and begin a life of blessing today.

10 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome story of "pure" love and the romance that has kept you and Kristy thru thick and thin.

Our ladies prayer group will be praying this morning.

Love you both,

Norma

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Thanks again for the update! Praying!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Rambling On said...

What you and Kristy share is priceless... and much too rare.

Still praying for you all.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Thank you for your transparent testimony, Milton. As a single, I can really appreciate your words. It's a very hard struggle when dating someone you care deeply for, but oh so worth it to be obedient!

Thank you, too, for the update on Kristy. Praising God for her painless past hours. Will be praying for the oncologist consult on Friday and for the cancer to respond to the treatment by fleeing once and for all. Still believing God for a miracle.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

What a blessing! And, yes, I prefer your version of that song, too. Who wouldn't???

I'm sharing the blog with a number fo peopel, including my pastors.

I continue to pray for y'all and believe God for a miracle.

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful love story! I'm getting my daily dose of romance reading right here at your blog! I'm also going to print out your testimony of pure love for my teen son. Thanking God that Kristy was pain free for 35 hours. And we continue to intercede on Kristy's behalf, that every cancer die by the mighty, healing hand of Christ Jesus. Amen.
Love,
Nancy

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

My pastor-husband and I were talking just yesterday about how best to get the beauty of abstinence across to our youth. The truth of God's design, for procreation and for pleasure, both within marriage.

I'll be sharing this with him.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

I have not had a chance to comment, but I've been praying for Kristy since the first post on ACFW. Kristy - prayers are going up, just hang on to Daddy God. Milton, you are truly a man of God and the man every mama wants her daughter to marry. Praying for continued strength and peace for you and your family.
God Bless,

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Each time I visit here I leave with tears in my eyes. Thank you for sharing your romance and love.

Praying for you guys.

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton and Kristy,
Thanks for these words of wisdom that I know will bless and encourage many people. Beautiful!

I am so glad to hear Kristy is resting well and experiencing less pain. I will be praying for the appointment on Friday and for all who care for Kristy to have an extra measure of God's wisdom and compassion.

Sending love and prayer,
Carrie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home