Wednesday, February 20, 2008

THE MOLE'S IN THE MALL


Milton, here:

If you read the last blog post by Kristy, then you know that she is battling being shut in and has been feeling blue. But she doesn't stay in blue moods.

What can improve a woman's spirits?

Prayer--good choice.

Read the Word--another good choice.

Attend church--every pastor would check this one off.

Sing a new song to the Lord--definitely a positive mood builder.

Laughter--does good like a medicine.

A hug and a kiss--sweet....

Flowers--smart move for a husband.

Cards--sweet words always help.

A romantic dinner date--she loves that.

But....dare I say it. OK, I will.

A trip to the mall helps big time too. It really should be much higher on this list.

Kristy and I headed to the mall for a light lunch today and to stroll down the mall for exercise for her. We walked right by Dillards, and wouldn't you know it, the exercise trail turns right into the Dillard's fitting room. After about an hour or so, the trail leads back out to the mall corridor with an added weight in my arms to maximize the workout.

It was great to see the the mole, her words not mine, enjoying a spree even if only a short one. I honestly can't remember when we were able to go to the mall together.

She is feeling better--We give Him praise!!!

8 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, malls do have some strange curative power for the blues...It's a wise husband who knows what tools to employ to lift his wife's spirit!

Love you,

Sis

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Tracy Ruckman said...

Praises, praises! We serve an awesome God!

Continuing in love and prayers,
Tracy

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

Amen - preach it brother!!!
All kidding aside, it is wonderful to hear that Kristy is recovering from the radiation. Still praying for full recovery - and more energy to spend Milton's money.
Blessings

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog yesterday. I’d done a searching for something to cheer me up, as it’s the 20th anniversary of the death of my son. And I came upon a post written back in the summer on laughing clubs. I began to read through the blog, and spent the last two days reading each post, catching up to today. I’ve cried and laughed as I read.

As your neighbor said that the presence of God is flowing out of your home, His presence is also flowing off the posts on this blog! Praise God!

I’m praying for your healing. And I just wanted to suggest that perhaps if Kristy is up to it, she might find it enjoyable to fill some time talking out her book, on tape. And then she could type it up later. I’m looking forward to reading it!

In Christ's precious grace,
Bonnie

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy,
I am so happy to hear you were able to go to church last evening and to the mall today. Milton is so sweet to take you out for some shopping! : )

I am praying the Lord will continue to give you strength and courage for each day. I want to read that book too!

Love and prayers,
Your writing buddy, Carrie

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful to know you went on a shopping spree with Milton, dear Kristy. You sure don't look like a mole, though! Either that, or you're the most beautiful mole I've ever seen!! At least Milton didn't make you burrow or hunt for your lunch.;-)I hope you bought something in your favorite color to celebrate Victory in Jesus! We continue to believe God for your healing. You're a gem.

Love & prayers,
Nancy

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God! I am so glad God made malls to make us women happy.

Your in my thoughts & prayers
Tamatha Jones

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Super great news! And think how her red hair brightened that mall! ;) So what did she buy? Come on, Milton, all us gals want to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home