Sunday, February 17, 2008

CULTIVATING ROMANCE...

Milton, here:

Kristy could have been a romantic horticulturist. Is there such a person? Well if so, she is. She loves to work in the yard and is a whiz at most any task she tackles. But one of her primary life's passion is to grow godly, blessed, romantic lifestyles.

When we first married, I loved her dearly and tried to show it in the ways she desired. But, being the manly kind of guy I am (Just a nice way to say stupid.), I will have to admit some of what I did in showing her love on special days was more dutiful than not. Well, ok, maybe more than some, or, uh, maybe much of it was done dutifully. (Confession is good for the soul.)

But, through the years Kristy has drawn more and more of the feminine romantic side out of me. I can't believe I just wrote that and put it on this blog. She planted, watered, fertilized, picked out the weeds, and kept at it until the natural romantic buds began blooming to their fuller flower.

Nagging doesn't cut it. Pushing won't move it. Comparing to others adds resentment. But, believing, complimenting, showing not telling, setting the mood, and enhancing the environment will cause the smallest of seeds of romance to flourish into full maturity (Fireworks help too.). This is a life learning curve and I have much to discover. She just keeps placing the signs along the way so they can be easily followed.

The picture of Kristy and me kissing at our wedding juxtaposed against Rhett and Scarlet with our carved names in between is just one example of Kristy's cultivating romance in our home.

Life is better when things are sweet. Brawn melts when romance shines bright.

Behind our names and the picture of Kristy winking at the camera is a faded love note from me from long ago. It is more true now than ever with much more passion and understanding.

I think Kristy put it there for several reasons beyond decor. She writes romance, no, she lives romance. This note is part of her romance and she wants it up front and center.

It's part of the mood.

The love note reads:

Kristy,

You are indeed a
very special person. Smart
talented, creative, industrious,
pure, beautiful, faithful, generous,
and kind are only a
few words that describe you.
I am very fortunate to have
you as my wife, friend,
helper, and lover.
I do love you now
more than ever.

Milton










How is Kristy?


She is planning on attending church Sunday! She is weak in body but strong in heart and spirit.

4 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Donita K. Paul said...

Thank you for sharing and encouraging, Milton. The fact that you used the phrase showing, not telling speaks volumes of how your writer-wife has influenced you.

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't comment often, Milton but want you to know that I am praying for you and Kristy. She is an awesome woman who has proven her faith in God and her wisdom in chosing a loving man. Hang in there! We love you both!!

James and Rhonda Gibson

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Andi said...

Kristy is always in my prayers.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

The tallest and brawniest men admit they're romantic. ;)

As always, I'm praying, believing God for a miracle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home