Friday, February 01, 2008

SUPER STAR OR SUPER SERVANT

Milton, here:

Which would you rather marry--a super star or a super servent? The answer to that one in today's culture may not be so quickly answered. Big bucks, good looks, fancy talking, and exaggerated living seem to be the passions of the day. Regrettably, all the glamour of TV personalities and excitment of large entourages leave the idea of servanthood living way behind.


I've had a running joke with Kristy that she could be famous if one day she made me rich. "Fame" never has been her goal and to be honest the "rich" as never been my highest aim. Kristy's name has appeared in lots of places, but she has never let that keep her from helping others. Oh, and I'm not rich yet either.

Thursday morning I counseled a mother about a matter with her daughter. Her daugher turned herself into the law for crimes committed years ago. The young woman wanted to make things right so she went back to her home state and surrendered to the authorities to pay her dues. I would call that real repentance.

When I mentioned this to Kristy, she wanted the phone number to try to call the mother to pray and share comfort with her. Kristy looked beyond on her own physical hurt to help someone in serious need.

Throughout this ordeal Kristy's thoughts have constantly been toward others, but this is how she has lived all these years. She has lived to help and bless people in need. I wrote a couple of posts ago about her creativity, but I can tell you all that creative energy has been used to be a blessing and help.

(I put the picture of Claudia because it is cute! The red nose on the embarressed Impala was put there by Kristy.)


Kristy is an "extra miler" or one who always goes beyond the call of duty. How blessed I am to be married to such a pure hearted woman. I married a super servant who is my super star.


How Is Kristy?


She has experienced lots of pain Thursday, but now as I write she is resting better. Thanks for all your prayers for her and for us.
***
Tomorrow I will list some of Kristy's faults and maybe some of my faults. Tune in for the scoop!

2 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton and Kristy,
I am going to have a daily communion for Kristy during the month of February. If anyone wants to join in, please do.
Our prayers are with yall and we love yall....
Be Blessed:)
Donna

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

LOL - I'll bet if you're doing the listing, I know whose list will be longest! You're definitely a hero husband, Milton.

As always, we're praying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home