Monday, March 03, 2008

HORSIN' AROUND



The cars kept arriving Saturday for some horsin' around at Milton's sister Tricia and husband Rick's beautiful home in Central Florida--Milton's five siblings and parents came from North Carolina, Georgia, and various places in Florida.
We had some good eating, as we say in the South, and we talked and joked and laughed and rode Tricia's horses. Tricia is a first-grade school teacher (over 25 years), a dedicated pastor's wife, and has three children from college age to five years old. Surprise, surprise, as Rick says. :) Gonzo, below, is an Argentine thoroughbred.


More horsin' around on Saturday.










Our family has a great sense of humor. They are teasers, and Janet, pictured sitting and talking to sister Norma and flanked by brother Max, is the biggest teaser of all, though Tricia runs a close second. The Bible says, "A merry heart does good like a medicine." The laughter was healthy and strengthening. Did you know you can increase your humor quotient by recognizing the funny things in your life and laughing about them? Reading joke books is healthy, too. I have quite a collection. My aunt and uncle used sit in the evenings and read aloud joke books to each other. So healthy.

6 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Susan Wales said...

Dear Christy:

What a wonderful weekend you had! And you look so beautiful. There's nothing like being with family members, who obviously love you so much.

Just wanted you to know that Ken and I are praying for you and Milton, and for your family. We're expecting great miracles from God!

You must write your own love story, because nothing I've ever read is as sweet and glorifying to God as you and Milton.

It also meant so much to Ken when I told him you had watched the movie, he produced, AMAZING GRACE, at your church.

Christy, you are truly amazing. God must smile at your every word and move!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you and Milton.

Love and Blessings!

Susan Wales
AWSA sister

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Wow... she's wearing her boots again!!

Thanks for sharing more about your weekend. It makes me so happy to think of you enjoying yourself like this. You are making some very special memories.

Love and prayers,
Carrie

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thank you, Susan Wales. Many have said this: "You must write your own love story, because nothing I've ever read is as sweet and glorifying to God as you and Milton."

We also saw Amazing Grace in the theatre when it first came out. Stirring. Powerful. Riveting. Congratulations, Ken, for producing a fine movie.

Ken, you also produced Christy on TV. The world owes you a lot.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Kristy, I'm sitting here smiling at how you look so great. To look at your pictures one would never know how sick you've been these past months. God is doing a work in you! I'm continuing to pray for complete healing.

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have documented proof, straight from Kristy's own hands that I am not the biggest teaser in this family. I wholeheartedly agree with Kristy's belief that Max is first and Trisha, is second. I blieve that would make Norma third, Miltion 4th and Me the little innocent sister last. Thank you Kristy for confirming what I have known as truth all along.
It truly was a great day Saturday and you were your wonderful self, always serving and always thinking of others. I love you dearly and won't accept anything less than the very best for you.
Ps Milton, I like you too. (smiles). Thanks for all those wonderful lessons I learned from you two in the kitchen. hee hee.
love ya,
janet, the innocent one

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh shoot, I just reread her blog and realized she was saying, that I am the biggest teaser, not Max. oh well, I guess if Krity writes it, it has to be truth. I've been found out. Still love you bunches Kristy and I'll just have to keep my leagacy going since it has been published. hmmm wonder what I can think up next?
love ya,
janet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home