Friday, May 09, 2008

FORGET THE BREAKFAST!

Milton, here for Kristy:

This morning Kristy woke up bright eyed. We brushed her teeth and then Sis (Norma) said, "How about some breakfast?" Kristy nodded yes.

Norma said to me, "Brush your teeth and give her a kiss." Then she asked if Kristy wanted some perfume?

Kristy responded with a wink, "Yes, and forget the breakfast!"

"Well....!" Norma said, "I guess Kristy is frisky again."

The nurse's eyes had questions.

***

Smile.

This is a blog on christian romance, isn't it?

***

Esther Rampton went to heaven Tuesday night.

She was a precious 91 year young saint from our church who was brought to the Hospice Center into a room across the hall from Kristy. I ministered to her and her family and prayed for the loving arms of Jesus to wrap around her and receive her into heaven. I gave her a kiss on her forehead and left the room to walk back across the hall.

This morning I will preach her funeral at our church. Heaven is the goal. Sweet Esther made it.

9 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to laugh out loud at Kristy's choice. I read the first lines, just happy that Kristy was in the mood to eat. The next line: "Yes, and forget the breakfast!" That lady is something fabulous!

Tell Kristy the title of her next book should be "Perfume or Breakfast?"

Love you guys and thanks for sharing.

Nancy

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger ~~Deby said...

This was sweet (giggle)...
Deby
Seattle

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Kathy Collard Miller said...

Yeah for Kristy! Yes, forget breakfast! :-)

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my girl!!! Always ready to serve....she's a true warrior, and a little "prissy" at that! Ha!

Love you both!
Cathy (TN)

P.S. Norma, you have your hands full! :) :) LOL!

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!!! So sweet!!
Teresa from Alabama

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

ROFLOL! That Kristy! So good to hear that she's in such good spirits. God is amazing.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love the next book being Perfume or Breakfast! God is Able! The Lord brings you to mind at all hours of the night and I know that is for me to pray for both of you. You are such an inspiration to me. I have been married for 31 yrs. this past April 12th and have just gone through breast cancer (chemo and radiation) and am so glad I found your blog. It has inspired me in ways that is hard to even express. I read your blog daily and you have gotten me through days when I have felt so scared and would read your blog and get peace again.
I am just so happy you are home in your beautiful surroundings.
I love you both.
Your sister in Christ,
Cheryl Jones
cherlilly12@yahoo.com

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Kristy, this one outdid your, "It's a deacon." :-)

This was too cute.

God bless you guys!

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, what a sweet ministry you have had to this dear woman whose funeral you preached today. She's healthy & whole in heaven today!

On the flip side, Kristy's breakfast remark was a crackup. You two deserve each other. :-)
Here's hoping and praying for more such mornings. May showers of continued blessings fall upon your home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home