Wednesday, May 07, 2008

WHO IS JESUS?

Milton, here for Kristy:



Kristy rallied Tuesday afternoon and may go home Thursday afternoon. She is not hurting and is able to talk and share her love though with some confusion.


She has told me to tell everyone how much she loves all her dear love ones and friends. "Tell them I love each one of them," she said.


I picked up Claudia from the childcare center where she stayed yesterday and as we drove back to the hospice center she asked "Does God wear a blue dress?"


I was shocked at such a question and wondered why she would think in such a fashion. As I was driving I quickly turned and looked at the back seat where she was seating and noticed she was looking at a bible storybook.


She held it up and said "Here look!" and I saw a picture of Jesus in a blue robe.

I told her, "That's Jesus".

A few moments passed and then she asked, "Is Jesus The Lord?".


That's a pretty deep question for a four year old I thought and then I asked myself that question in light of all we are facing.


With assurance and resolve I said to Claudia, "Yes, Jesus truly is the Lord!".

He is everything we need today and is Lord of every situation no matter how hard it may be.

And we continued our drive to the hospice center.

7 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Thanks for sharing that story. Continuing to pray for all of you.

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always say kids are smarter than we believe they are.

What a great story and so so true

Tamatha Jones

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Anna Dynowski said...

I've been following your blog since November and I wanted to let you know I am praying daily for Kristy and Milton and the girls and grandkids.

I know Kristy through FHL and please tell her I love her!

It's obvious the Lord can trust your family to go through this trying time, that you would be obedient in showing us all how to glorify God.

God Bless!
Love & Prayers,
Anna

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Mary Connealy said...

Milton, fathering isn't one big job, it's a million small moments when we have a chance to tell a child that, 'Yes, Jesus truly is the Lord.'

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Out of the mouths of babes. I'm so grateful you have little Claudia with you in these days. Kristy and all of you are continually being lifted in prayer.

Thank you for taking the time during this difficult season to keep us all informed.

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a precious story about Claudia. Yes, Claudia, Jesus is Lord. He is God wrapped in flesh! Children are truly gifts from heaven.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precious. Still praying!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home