Thursday, May 22, 2008

MY PRECIOUS SISTER

Milton, here for Kristy:

Kristy had a better day Wednesday. She is very weak but still has a smile and twinkle in her eye. Praise continues to flow from her lips sharing the goodness of God.

Rebecca, Kristy's sister, has watched over her little sister with so much loving care. I have asked her to post a blog today. She is such a huge help. Our family is standing together in the strength of God.


The pictures below are Kristy on the left and Rebecca on the right. Weren't they cute cowgirls. Jan and Pam, their cousins, came by with their Mom, Aunt Joe, to see Kristy and brought several pictures from the past. Aren't old family photos great!

***

This is Rebecca (Kristy’s big sister)

Kristy is a precious sister – creative, talented, beautiful and loved by so many. I love her with all of my heart, and I am so very proud of her. We have had so many wonderful and endearing times together – times that I cherish.

I have seen Kristy’s strength in God throughout this ordeal; I have witnessed first hand God’s peace that surrounds her. Even in her weakened state, I have seen all of this as well as her humor and happiness. In her quiet, soft, weakened voice she tells us, “Don’t be sad; just rejoice; this is the day the Lord has made.”

I remember when Kristy was born and Mama and Daddy brought her home from the hospital. I was 10 and loved taking care of her and Terry (he was 2). I became their “little mama.”

Because I was so much older than Kristy and Terry, as they were growing up, Mama used to tell me that if anything ever happened to her, she wanted me to promise her that I would take care of them. I assured her that I would.

Now, I have to put Kristy in God’s hands. It’s so sad to see her like this…no, it’s more than sad…unexplainable, but the most wonderful thing I can do is entrust her to Him and His divine will for her life. How I would love to see her rise out of her bed, completely and wonderfully healed, and though I don’t understand why it hasn’t happened yet, I still have faith.

I have been so blessed to be able to be here with her, with family and close friends, to gather around her bed and sing songs of praise and express our love for each other. Truly, as Kristy says, God is good.

9 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how it feels to be the big sister; I also know how it feels to lose a younger sibling. When I was 29 my 16 year old brother was killed in a car crash, so I understand the pain. I hurt for you all, I am so glad Kristy has her big sister with her, I am sure she is comforted with you there. I am praying for the entire family.

Teresa from Alabama

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

I am the oldest of three. There's a protectiveness that goes with the job. Now you have to release that baby to Him. Wow. Hard, yet exhilirating to know Kristy will go ahead: and probably decorate for us. She is much loved. Praying in San Antonio.

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift you gave your mom when you promised to care for your siblings. And here you are carrying through. What a strong testament of faith. We visit this blog daily to be encouraged by faithful servants of God and to see what pure love and strength is. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thank you for comtinuing to share your story with us.

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebecca, may God fill your heart with peace today. I know the role of big sister well. Your mom knew she could count on you, and here you are following through on your promise.

As your sister in Christ, I stand with you in prayer. God is our hope, our Stronghold in times of trouble. Nothing can separate us from the love of God. Nothing! When you care for Kristy, He is your hands...your feet...your loving touch.

God bless each of you today as you journey through another day.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

Rebecca, I have an identical twin and an older sister. I can't imagine the heartache that you're going through. Sisters are so special.

I'm praying for all of you, and especially for Kristy.

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Milton and all of Krity's family

As I read your blog site, the same Psalm comes through over and over again....

Psalm 57:7 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast. I will sing and make music.

Kristy is so submitted to God's power and His will, that her natural response is to sing and give God the glory. She is teaching us all how to respond to adversity. His steadfast love is singing to us all.

Love to you all
Judy Hampton

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Rebecca,

You and Kristy are adorable on those horses, and with such happy faces. I'm a big sister, too, and I had to say good-bye to my little sis (cancer) a few years back. My heartfelt prayers for your peace and comfort. Sisters are such special friends. I still find myself reaching for items on the store shelf, thinking, My sister would love this. I understand the grief, but thanks to Jesus, we will spend an eternity together. It's the day-to-day living that's been painful and difficult for me. But Kristy's blog has helped me through so much. I stopped asking, "Why, Lord?" And that's been very healing for me.

God bless all of you with an abundance of His peace.

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton, Krsity, and Rebecca,
Thanks for sharing these sweet thoughts about Kristy and the close bond you share. I am so glad you are there to minister to Kristy and care for her. What a blessing to have dear family to walk with them through these days. You all are in my prayers daily. Please give Kristy a hug from me.
Love and prayers,
Carrie - one of Kristy's writer friends

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Lauralee Bliss said...

I have two younger sisters. It must be so hard, I can't imagine it - but God is strong.

Lauralee Bliss
fellow Barbour author

 

Post a Comment

<< Home