Tuesday, May 27, 2008

SUNDAY CHURCH WITH KRISTY

Milton, here for Kristy:

Sunday after I got home from church and we had eaten lunch, Kristy said she wanted to have church. So we had church. God's presence filled the room. Here is one of several video clips I was able to make. It was a very touching and special time.

The video clip below will bless you.

Sandra ministered to Kristy and all of us as she sang and led us. Kristy wanted everyone to join is with "their" own song. The clip is just over 6 minutes or so. Watch what you can.

As you read what Sandra wrote about our "church service with Kristy" you will hear Kristy's message. She preached to all of us. I regret I didn't get it on video, but it happened suddenly and unexpectedly.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lfesho2vzY
(Double click on youtube.com above.)

Sandra Roberts, here for Kristy:

Kristy and I have always been very close. She's my sister-in-law, but we've been more like sisters sharing times of shopping – thrift stores, antiques, malls, outlets, you name it, we've been there. We also both love decorating…we've made many wonderful memories!

Yesterday we had a wonderful time in the presence of the Lord as we sang and worshipped the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Then, suddenly, Kristy began to cry and speak. Her daughter, Julie thought Kristy was sad and asked her, "Mom, why are you crying?" Kristy replied "I have sinned; I have sinned in my life, but because I have repented and asked Jesus to forgive me of my sins, He has cleansed me.

Kristy continued, "The Word says, 'If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.' When God sees His Son, Jesus, He sees Him as perfect. When God sees me, He sees me, not as I am, but as righteous, because He sees me through the blood of His Son, Jesus Christ. Everyone who will come to Him and repent will also be cleansed and forgiven."

What a miracle it was that Kristy was able to speak with such clarity – we were amazed! It was as if she preached a "mini sermon."

Following Kristy's words, the Holy Spirit moved in a powerful way. He gave me a word of encouragement for Julie, Kristy's firstborn. I was impressed to tell Julie: "I have a picture, in my mind, of a Master Potter at his wheel making a beautiful vase or vessel. You are the vessel in His hands, and He wants you to know that you are a perfect, beautiful vessel.

The Lord wants you to know that you are precious to Him and He has a wonderful future planned for you. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) says, 'For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' I have good things in store for you, Julie, and very soon I will bring about those plans.

Be encouraged!"

How is Kristy?

She had a great Memorial Day as we cooked hamburgers on the deck and she was able to watch through the bedroom sliding glass doors. She is having bouts of confusion but keeps her trust and praise to the Lord. She is amazing.

10 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see and hear the presence of God. Kristy makes us want to walk a life of praise on earth until the day we step over to see the One we praise. This blog is like a daily devotion that teaches, encourages and brings one face-to-face with the Master.

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below,
Praise Him above all heavenly hosts--
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Thank you for sharing your time of praise. It reminds me of Scripture that admonishes us to "offer a sacrifice of praise". Your family is modeling what it means to remain faithful. Life is unpredictable, but our God is forever the same, and forever gracious.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger nanatrish said...

I am praying daily for you.Thank the Lord for modern technology. Even though I can't be there I felt as though I was in the room feeling His mighty presence. Thank the Lord for the song He puts in our heart even in the darkest storms. He is so Great!

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is s very touching; I am so glad you were able to enjoy this holiday week-end and that Kristy was able to have church. What a testimony to her heart's desire.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger One Mother with Cancer said...

We're still here and still praying.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Kristy's sermon of God's grace is what keeps me going. He is exactly as she said. What a miracle of grace, both in what He has done for us and in Kristy able to proclaim it with such clarity.

I've received a blessing from it and so much through this blog. I praise God you are sharing with the world. May you be blessed tenfold.

As always, I'm praying.

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could Kristy smell those burgers? All of you, Milton, Kristy, Terry, Sandral, Julie, Jennifer, the church in Lexington, KY is still praying...

Annette Barr Grahl

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Dear Milton and Kristy,
It was a joy to have church with you all today. Thanks so much for sharing the video and allowing us to see first hand how God is comforting and caring for you. Sandra has such a beautiful voice. I enjoyed reading her thoughts about Kristy, too. I am guessing the couple on the right was your parents. You all are such an encouragement to us. We love you and we continue to lift you up daily.
Love and prayers,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

Praying for you all. It's such a blessing to have you share these moments with us. Yes, Peace be still.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

Double goose-bumps on that one for me. Thanks for sharing this. What a special time together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home