Monday, May 26, 2008

TWO GREAT CHURCH SERVICES...

Milton, here for Kristy:

Sundays are greatest days of the week to me. The Lord's Holy Day. A day dedicated to Him.

Kristy was resting well Sunday morning so I slipped off to church. I sat on the front row pew and worshipped. Didn't speak or do anything. This is my only recollection as a pastor of sitting in a church service and not having an active part in leading the service in some fashion. I sat on the front pew and worshipped and soaked in God's presence.

My 83 year young father preached for me. It was a great service with several dimensions--we honored Sunday School teachers, had a special salute for Memorial Day and our fallen soldiers, shared in the Lord's Table, sang worship songs of praise, enjoyed beautiful special music, and then heard a powerful message from my Dad.

I sat on the front row. I just sat there, worshipped, and let Him touch me.

Dad spoke from John 14:1&2: "Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled...." He said there is trouble, but the Lord has everything in control. There is political trouble, economic trouble, global volcanic/earthquake trouble, weather trouble, and personal trouble, but....God has everything under control.

Oh, how I needed that service.

***
We came home from church, ate lunch, relaxed a few moments, and then out of the clear blue Kristy said, "I want to have church!"

We had church again this time with Kristy. I'll write about that service later.

5 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Dear Milton and Kristy,
Thanks for sharing about your time at church on Sunday. I imagine it felt very different to sit in the front row and not have any responsibility except to worship the Lord and enjoy His presence. I am glad you had that special time. What a joy it must have been to hear your dad preach. I am sure it was an encouragement to your friends to see you there.

I am praying for you and Kristy...that you will take comfort in God's presence and unfailing love. So glad you are surrounded by a band of faithful friends and family to share this journey with you.
Love and prayers from,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, just knowing that you went to church yesterday and was able to sit under the ministry of your 83 year old Dad touched me so deeply. What a great blessing! I am so happy that you could be there, sitting on that front pew, soaking it all in ~ like a sponge.

My 83 year old Daddy passed away suddenly without notice on February 1st, a massive heart attack which allowed him to last only 2 minutes, in the arms of my precious mother. They built their home next to ours, six years ago and all of us have had the time of our lives! Daddy was such a godly man, always praying, advising and leaving Godly wisdom on every path he trod. You are blessed to still have your Father here on earth. Praise His Name on High!

...Can't wait to hear about Kristy's church service....

Still prayin' and still believin',
Cathy

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Hello to both of you! Milton, would you please email me at RLBayneXXXatNBayne.com (delete X's and change sign to @)--I would like to check with you about something I want to do for Kristy on my blog.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

God is good and gives us what we need. What a blessing to be filled again only to pour yourself out in worship with Kristy.

And how blessed Kristy is to have you and all her family so deeply entrenched in the Lord's service.

You're all such a blessing and testimony to us. I life you up each day.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

How wonderful that you could be fed yesterday. Just relaxing and soaking it in. And fed by your father! What a blessing! And what a message.

Praying in agreement with you all, in the mighty name of Jesus.

God bless~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home