Sunday, June 08, 2008

2,4,6,8...THEY'RE ALL HERE

Milton, here for Kristy:

We're getting ready for church and heading to worship. I have found that praise and worship are along with reading God's Word are the quickest ways to boast my faith.

All of us get spiritually stressed by life and have times when praise and worship seem impossible, but waiting before God, choosing to live out our commitment to Him. and looking at His greatness all move me to open my mouth giving Him glory.....then something miraculous happens. Hope and faith rise.

Today we will worship and giving glory. He is still Lord of our lives and is working for our good. It is hard to see as I will readily admit, but He is working and we trust Him.

How is Kristy?

She was thrilled to see Alex and Nic as they arrived last night. All four grands are here with our two daughters. She reaches out to them and weakly hugs and loves. They are ages 2,4,6, and 8 so they all have different understanding of what is happening. But they all love Nana, and wow, she loves them.

Kristy rallies with clear thoughts and communication mixed with confusion. Her smile and praise continue though fainter.

7 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

How wonderful that all the grands are there now and how much they bring joy to their Nana. I'm sure no matter their ages precious memories of their Nana are being permanently carved into their hearts. My grandmother was "Nana" also. She and my grandfather were originally from Alabama. Kristy and I spoke about our Alabama connections more than once.

Praying for a day of blessings and peace for all of you.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

For those of us who love Kristy, I can't thank you enough for keeping this blog up, Milton. Please give her my love this afternoon.

As always, I'm praying for Jehovah-Rapha to touch her body.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Dear Milton and Kristy,

So glad to hear the family is together again and Kristy is cheered by seeing her grandchildren. I am praying for you all today, asking the Lord to comfort and grace to each one.

Love and prayers,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Milton,
Thank you so much for inviting us all to share a glimpse of what is taking place in yours,Kristy's and and your family's lives. What a sacred place and time you are allowing us to share. I don't think you'll ever fully know the number of lives that have been helped and changed because of yours and Kristy's willingness to be so open.

As a children's counselor for the hospice here in my county in Florida, I am so impressed with how you are keeping your grandkids so close and involved with Kristy. How special for Kristy and helpful for the kids. Please know my prayers are with you all, and if I can be of any help or support to you and your family, please feel free to contact me (amyk62763@yahoo.com).

By the way, I know your sister, Janet, and her husband, Tim. I attended church with them in Hickory, NC and did some singing with Janet! Neat people, as are you all.

Blessings and love,
Amy Rath

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Jennifer and Julie are home with the children. Kristy's grandchildren are so precious to her, and I know it is a joy for her to spend time with them. I've heard her mention the thrill of seeing them.

Milton, may God continue to strengthen you and give you wisdom. Your and Kristy's grandchildren will treasure your blog.

Please tell Kristy I love her.

I'm praying for you and your family.

Lavada

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Debby Mayne said...

I'm glad Julie, Jennifer, and the grandchildren are able to spend time with you and Kristy. I know how much she loves her family.

Still praying everyday for y'all.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Mary Connealy said...

You all know that this time with Kristy is going to be a blessing you hang on to for the rest of your lives. So hard to imagine it now, but after she's gone you'll have this time of together ness and know you understood how precious life was and what a gift Kristy was. And you'll take comfort in knowing you were able to share that with her and each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home