Tuesday, June 03, 2008

KRISTY AND KENNEDY

Milton, here for Kristy:

I never thought much about praying for a Kennedy of the Massachusetts's brand, but today I prayed for Senator Ted Kennedy. Monday Senator Kennedy had the same type of brain surgery Kristy had back in November and now he faces the same follow-up treatment Kristy as just gone through.

It is funny how life experiences give compassion and new insight and turn your feelings.

Not to judge, but I would not have ever connected a link with Kristy to Teddy. Kristy and Teddy may have some other commonalities other the brain cancer though I'm not sure what they would be, but I know that he has one terrible fight before him and he needs prayer.

One thing we know for sure is that all roads of life lead to one final audience and conclusion. May God help all of us to live with eternity in mind as we make our daily choices.


***


Monday night as I looked through more of Kristy's magazines more trips and fun times came to my memory. Besides pastoring for almost 24 years, we traveled for 12 years mostly here in the South and some across America and other parts of the world. Sometimes the trips were ministry mixed sightseeing and pleasure, but we had fun doing all of it.

Two hearts bound with one goal--to honor Him.


***

How is Kristy:

She slept more Monday and as I write this Tuesday at 8:30 AM she is just a little more alert. We have been very concerned the last 36 hours which way she was heading.

Please keep Kristy and us in your prayers.

***

Here is a powerful music video my cousins Kinette and Jan recommended that has comforted me . I have viewed it several times. Listen to it if you need hope.

THERE IS A HOPE! Watch and listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyMWBx6vvJo

7 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Also found myself including a Kennedy in prayer for the first time ever.

Still praying and hoping.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger SRI said...

Still praying for you all.

Lee
Western Australia

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how this song has touched my heart; my son is lost and has bi-polar, my cousin is fighting cancer in the prime of his life, my dad needs a miracle in his personal life,your family needs a miracle. I pray for your family and check in on you each day; there is hope. I too, have prayed for Kennedy.

Teresa

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

Milton,

You're all in my prayers every day. I've not lost faith and I've not given up. Jesus raised a dead man with just three words, "Lazrus, come forth!" He can remove tumors just as effortlessly if that is His will. I am praying that it is.

Bless you.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger B. J. Brooks said...

My retired pastor James Ward and his wife Sylvia celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this past Saturday. As their boys gave tribute to their parents one of them said something that I suppose I knew but had never put in words.
He said, "My parents chose a life that I could not choose because I was not willing to make the sacrifices they have made in order to serve God so completely."

Minister's and their families do make tremendous sacrifices when they follow God, often leaving home and family to minister to others, but I've never heard any one of them complain about what God has put before them.

Just like my pastors you and Kristy serve God completely, and do not count the cost.

God is so good. Just like Kristy says.

Thank you and all those other ministers and their families who have chosen to teach the rest of us what it truly means to Live for Christ. God Bless you all.

Many Blessings to your entire family

B.J. Brooks (Robinson)

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, as you know, our family is praying constantly for a miracle for Kristy. I believe God is healing her. Tonight on Channel 11 Brian Williams was speaking on Glioma's and the breakthrough they have had with vaccines, chemo, radiation, etc. Does it take a celebrity to bring this to the forefront as with the Kennedy family? Whatever it takes, we will take it! Did you see it by chance? I will call to see when we may visit again. Love you,
Cousin Jan

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Dear Milton and Kristy,
Thanks for giving us the link to that wonderful worship song. I was encouraged by listening. I also love the song In Christ Alone written by Stuart Townsend. We sing that often in our church and it always stirs my heart.

Hold on to the hope that never fails....God's unfailing love. Nothing can separate you from His love.

Sending love and prayers for Kristy and for you and your family,
Carrie in NJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home