Tuesday, June 17, 2008

ANOTHER JENNIFER WRITES ABOUT KRISTY

Milton, here for Kristy:

Love as lived out by humans will always require forgiveness. We're all human and not perfect and fail. This certainly is true between husbands and wives.

Kristy and I have never proclaimed to have a perfect marriage even when we taught marriage seminars and wrote articles to help couples. In fact, sometimes it was hard to write and speak on marriage because we aren't the perfect couple.

We are faithful to each other.

We are committed.

We work through our troubles.

That's what true love, God's love, helps you to do--to work through the issues, forgive each other, and go forward. Having made an honest confession I can tell you, "We have a wonderful, wonderful marriage."

***

Yesterday Jennifer Johnson wrote the following that I wanted to highlight. Maybe it will help someone today!

Jennifer wrote:

You don't know me...ha! I don't know you either. Anyway, I'm one of Kristy's fellow Heartsong writers and ACFW (originally ACRW)friends. I want to share a remembrance with you. Several years ago, Kristy wrote a response to something on our loop.

She wrote about how you two had a miserable fight and she cried out to God to make you see the light of day and come running, apologizing all the way, to her. As she was praying, she felt the Holy Spirit nudge her that she needed to go to you...not just for a hug, not just for a kiss, but to give herself completely to you.

After several moments of arguing with the Lord, she succumbed to his instruction. After your cleansing time of forgiving one another, Kristy told you what God had instructed. Your response was "Praise God!"

Her post was so much more descriptive then my above summation, but I remember that so vividly. At the time I was a young wife and a mom with young kids, and there were often times that little and big squabbles bubbled up between my husband and me. Touch was (and still is) a balm to begin the forgiveness and healing process.

When I told my husband that story, he admitted he liked God's way of handling the situation as well. We still laugh and bring up the times God's instructed the same of me. I don't remember how many years ago she wrote that, but it left such a sweet impact.

Jennifer Johnson

***

How is Kristy?

She had another good day. We have music playing throughout the day in her room. I caught her singing along in a small whisper several times. It was incredible.

I kissed her forehead today and she said, "Come closer let me smell you. I want to smell your scent." This woman is something.

We had two ministers come by and pray with her. She lifted both her hands in praise and worship saying, "God is so good." She wept tears of faith and trust asking God to give her life.

Kristy is in God's loving hands. We are all in God's loving hands if we trust in Him.

10 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome she can still want to hold you Pastor . Marriage is not perfect. my hubby got home late lastnight, and right before bed , (( it was a air-conditioner temp issue--silly)) he said some pretty harsh words to me . and never kissed me goodnight nor apolozied this morning, i do not know what shappened, we dont sit and tlk or share anything any more. so maybe that swhy I AM DEPRESSED ALL THE TIME. Krsity is so blessed to have you at her worse time .
still praying & God Bless

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimi: Read what Jennifer wrote one more time and go do likewise. Love can flourish again.

Milton

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you Pastor, i am at my wits end , how blessed your wife is , how blessed

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Dear Milton and Kristy,
Thanks for sharing these thoughts with us. The example of love and faithfulness you and Kristy have set is a wonderful encouragement to me. It has prompted me to be more thankful and treasure my husband.

Last night my husband needed to leave the house at 3:30 AM to catch a train to the airport for an early flight. I told him I would be happy to get up and drive him to the train. We had a sweet time, enjoying the coolness of the night, seeing the stars and the full moon. We prayed together before he left the car, and I was so glad I was willing to get up in the middle of the night and do this small thing for him.

We never know how much time we will have with the ones we love....so today is a good time to serve them, appreciate them, enjoy them, and thank the Lord for them. Thanks for reminding me of this.

I am so happy to hear Kristy is enjoying the praise music, visits from pastors and time with her family. I LOVED that sweet picture of you two. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sending love and prayers,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,

I can see your reflection in the sliding glass door.......how you are
beholding her beauty!!!! It is priceless!!!! It makes me think of how the Father is overseeing the both of you!!!

Blessings!
Kim Law

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Trust and commitment is what makes a marriage flourish, too. God shows us the way, doesn't He?

God taught me years ago (we've been married for 37 years - strange since I'm only 31 ;)- to never react to anything my husband says as the world would say to react. I was to react as the Lord told me to.

When I finally gave in, it was amazing how the arguing diminished and my husband changed. ;)

As always, I'm praying for you all with praise and thankgiving.

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone once said that a good marriage consists of two great forgivers. After 47 years of marriage (we were 17 when we married) I am learning that the enemy will do everything to convince us that we must be 'rights defenders' instead of offering forgiveness. It's a huge spiritual battle daily to ask for forgiveness and offer it to someone we don't think deserves it! But oh how sweet it is when we offer another sinner grace.

Love how transparent you and Kristy have been on this blog. You'll never know the lives you are touching for His glory. Praying for His comfort through these days. Bless you all!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Jennifer Johnson said...

Hi Milton,

The picture of you and Kristy is so sweet. We know you don't have the perfect marriage. The only perfect marriage any of us will know will be that with Jesus, our bridegroom...and it will be far different from what we know here on earth. That said, your words and actions are such sweet encouragements to all of us in this world. Thank you for sharing.

I pray God will bless our marriages, all of them across the world. I love my husband so much. Satan, the world, sin in general, so much around us tries to steal this sweet gift from God. How blessed we all are that "greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world." :-D

Jennifer Johnson

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Mary Connealy said...

I always have believed that a marriage survives almost exclusively because two people make and keep a commitment.

It sounds simple because it is.
That's about the extent of the 'secret' to marriage. A marriage based in faith has that underpinning of commitment in a special way.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

Marriage is not 50/50, it's 100/100. Doing things for Jesus, if doing things for the spouse is too hard at times. This is what I write in wedding gift cards. And it's easier said than done. You two seem to manage better than most!

God bless you both and hold you close.

Praying....

Now, why is my word verification "fateo"? I resemble that remark. (But not by much.) Is that nice? LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home