Thursday, November 29, 2007

So Many Stories.....


The stories are pushing out my fingers. So many of them I can't focus on which ones to share. Some so funny you would bust your side laughing. Some theological and provoking. Others entertaining. Some inspiring and romantic to the bone. Others merely whimsical...leading no where but yet meaningful.

I have been like I've heard Kristy share in her writing courses: "An I like to have written kind of writer." I guess you caught that past tense verb usage. Not enjoying the process so much, but really glowingly proud of what I have written.

Its not that way anymore. I have mystically through osmosis or spiritual form captured Kristy's passion to write. It is pouring out of me--like a fountain, one of those deep ones with gusher like force.

Will you pray that God will help me write from His heart with Holy Spirit guidance?


*******************************************

A clarification is in order for my manhood. I am not a panty, waisted, sissy preacher with a sorry limp wrist ed, lip lisping, sweety pie manner.

I'm a football swaggering, butt kickin' (oops, sorry, not in my preacher dictionary), tell it like it is kind of guy.

I guess I got just a little insecure for a brief moment with all this mushiness oozing out of me. Just needed to set the record straight.

**********************************************

Last night I was typing a blog at Kristy's computer and she came strolling in for a moment. Here I was writing some of this mushy stuff and I wondered if she would peek into the screen. She did, but I realized she couldn't read it.

Then, she leaned against the right side of the desk asking me some names of writer friends and was struggling to get them out. She paused and got a paper and pen and attempted to write. "Help me," she asked. I tried, but I realized she couldn't write.

I held back the tears, not wanting her to be disturbed or discouraged by my hurt for her.

Then, she sweetly, just above her breath, said, "God is so good. God is so good to me."

Wow, what faith and what confidence in our God's ways.

****************************************

Later we were deep into the night. She had slept well. I had not slept. She awakened and needed more pain medication and so I got it for her.

We lay down again and a long while later she realized I was still awake. She took my hand and we laid there holding hands the longest.

Finally, she said, "Milton, I love you sooo much. You are so good to me."

I acted like I was now asleep. It was a selfish moment. I didn't respond. I just let it soak in.


***********************************

How is Kristy?

She dressed yesterday in regular clothes for the first time at home. Turquoise blouse and black pants. Dolled up hair and make up. Ear rings... The works. No "break out" pain. Her eyesight is not as good and she has word displacement and confusion, but God is so good.

Keep praying for Kristy....for us.

Her Husband, Milton

17 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton, I read your words this morning with tears streaming down my face. With all the suffering our beautiful Kristy has been through, out of the abundance of her heart, her mouth spoke praises to God. She knows how great His love is for her. For us. What a miracle! What our finite minds cannot conceive, our spirits know and understand through the power of the Holy Spirit. Our hearts and prayers are with all of you, Milton. Give Kristy a hug and kiss from me.
Love,
Nancy

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Kim said...

This brings tears to my eyes! What difficulty, yet what sweet praise to our Lord and Saviour is pouring out of both of you!!! Only God can do such a thing during such a time!! Please know I am praying for you both!!

Big hugs!!
Kim

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Glad to hear she's up and dressed in turquoise!!! Praying.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

I, too, read this post through my tears. How can such a report hold such beautiful cause for praise and at the same time bring sadness? God is so present with Kristy during this time. I'm praying for her dr. visit tomorrow and for God to step in and heal her now. Those prayer will never stop. God bless you both.

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do the doctors say her struggles are the aftermath of the surgery? Do they think she will improve with time? I pray she will.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Panty waisted? lol, from laughter...to tears. Praying for a full recovery for Kristy. I'm so glad she has you to help her through this. She obviously feels comforted that you are there for her.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger The Imaginary Blog said...

How fortunate she is to have you. How fortunate you are to have her. And how fortunate you both are to have God and to feel His loving presence!

What a moving entry you've written, Milton.

Remember the words of that precious child...Jesus is strong!

JanetS, praying

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Milton, I pray you'll keep writing as I pray Kristy will be healed. My heart breaks each time I read these posts, but my spirit rejoices at Kristy's faith. What a testimony and an encouragement to us all.

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tears streamed also down my face this afternoon; as I read the latest entry. They quickly vanished; however when I was reading about Kristy getting dressed up in some cherry, happy clothing and putting on her jewelry. She is so beautiful and such a great joy to be around whether in church service or one of the many women's events at the church. You are to both be praised above and beyond at the determination and drive you have in facing this 'giant.' I used to hear the saying; "When the going gets tough, the tough get going;" but in your case, you are meeting this enemy and giving NO chance for any type of hold whatsover. You are still very much in our good thoughts and prayers; with strong faith from friends and family as members of your congregation, the wonderdous hands of Almighty God and Savior Jesus will keep you safe and sheltered in Their protection each day and night.

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,
I read your post to my husband this afternoon and he told me to let you know that you don't have to fear about losing your 'man card.'

Continuing to pray for you both,
Patty Smith Hall

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping up the blog. It means so much to me and, I'm sure, everyone reading here. It's wonderful that a "football-loving" man can write so poignantly about his relationship with his wife. And to see how Kristy is responding to her illness with praise is both inspiring and humbling. Keeping you both in my prayers.

Julia Healey

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton and Kristy,
Thank you again for a wonderful, inspiring post. I am praying for you this evening, and I will be praying tomorrow for your appointment. From what you have written it is easy to see God is answering our prayers and giving you grace to walk through each day. Milton, I will pray for your writing ministry to continue to expand and touch lives.

Kristy, I was shopping and saw a Kiss the Cook apron and thought of you and our book. It reminded me to pray for you again.

Hold on tight to the Lord and each other.

Sending love and prayers,
Carrie

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kristy and Milton,
All my heartfelt Love,thoughts and prayers are with you both. Especially tomorrow at the Drs.

The following verse makes me think of you two;

I Cor.13:7
Love never gives up, never loses faith,is always hopeful,and endures through every circumstance.
NLT

May God Bless You Both!

Jackie Dedman

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Paula said...

I came over here because I felt led to write out what I was praying for you tonight. Along with praying for healing and relief from pain, I was praying specifically that you two could embrace the moment--that you could feel those special times you share with such intensity that you almost can't even take in the beauty of them. But then I read this latest post and I see that God is already doing this. In this incredibly dark and difficult hour, you are being given a gift the rest of us desperately need. The ability to dive into the special moments, to notice the beauty in what would perhaps seem ordinary under other circumstances--to bask in the reality of your love and get lost in its hugeness.

Father,
Thank you for letting us see a bit of Your kind of love by peeking into Kristy and Milton's journey. Bathe them tonight in your grace and wash over them anew with the conviction of your care. Help them celebrate, even now, the incredible gift you gave them when you shaped their love for each other. Encourage them by Your Spirit. Please raise them up in supernatural joy.

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Jan Parrish said...

Praying for a miracle. I put Kristi on my blog again today.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Mindy Obenhaus said...

Milton, I have never imagined you as a sissy. In my mind, you're a deep-baritoned tough guy. One who loves his wife so very much. I can't tell you what it means to me, to all of us, to have you share yours' and Kristy's hearts. And I believe God has granted you the gift of writing.
God is so good.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,
Out of the heart the mouth speaks.

This blog reminds me of when my Grandmother was in the hospital after she fell and broke her hip. (I am sure you remember). Her mind was so confused in the last few months of her life. Even though she did not even know any of us (except her Nita), she still sang that sweet song, "God is so good, God is so good, God is so Good He's so good to me." She gave him praise through the whole thing.
Your words are very inspiring, thank you for them.
I'm still praying for you all.
Love Lori

 

Post a Comment

<< Home