Monday, December 31, 2007

CONGRATULATE US!




I received a beautiful certificate and prize money Saturday for winning Second Place in the 2007 Barclay Gold Contest (novella category). This is for my novella (short novel) in the 4-in-1 novella collection Kiss the Bride.

Some of my coauthors have won places in contests for this title, and I won Third Place in the 2006 Inspirational Readers' Choice Contest for is, so it must be a good book! :)
My coauthors are Aisha Ford, Vickie McDonough, and Carrie Turansky. These women have been a huge blessing to me during this time with their love, support, gifts, and prayers.

Kiss the Bride is about four single restaurant owners/cooks. One buys an apron with the words, Kiss the Cook, at a restaurant convention. They decide to pass it among themselves until each one finds her man. A fun story.
Kiss the Bride is available at Amazon and Christian Book Distributors, commonly known as christianbook.com , a great place to buy books, CDs, DVDs, gifts, etc. It's a huge online bookstore specializing in Christian/inspirational products.
***
My latest novel, The Heart of the Matter, is now available at christianbook.com. This is a 50,000 word full-length novel, my first published full-length novel in several years. I've been writing 20-000-word novellas (short novels). I had planned to enter The Heart of the Matter in four or five writing contests, but the deadlines occurred during my surgery and recovery.
Live Tip for Everyone: Banish the What Ifs and the If Onlies from your thinking. Don't let them even drop by for a few seconds..
Having won Second Place in the 2007 Barclay Gold Contest with Kiss the Bride is thrilling!

15 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Congrats!!!

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !
That's exciting news. I can't wait to read it!
Love, Dawn

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Just added a few things at the bottom to this post and republished.

Thanks, friends, for the congrats!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

Congratulations, Kristy! And keep smiling...through the fatigue and the treatments, the tears and occasional doubts.

I read a Veggie Tales story to my sons last night. The message was God is with us always and if we trust Him, He'll make us strong. I thought of you.

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy,
It was fun to read about your win with your Kiss the Bride Novella. That was a wonderful project! Thanks for coming up with that idea and for inviting me to work with you on it. I've learned so much from you...in writing and in life and in ministry. I've always admired the way you've partnered with Milton and how you have reached out to encourage other pastors' wives. I am praying for you today!
Love and prayers,
Carrie

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Rose McCauley said...

Congrats to one of the sweetest people AND best writers I know! Your stories always have me laughing and crying, sometimes at the same time! I can't wait to read more! love, rose

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Kay Day said...

Congratulations! I'll have to read that!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

What an affirming comment, Carrie. I appreciate it.

Thanks, all, for your congrats and comments. Now, I'm off to my radiation treatment.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

Congratulations, Kristy! That's a wonderful accomplishment.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Vickie McDonough said...

Woohoo!!! Congratulations, Kristy. I'm really happy for you and was thrilled to be able to work with you, Carrie, and Aisha on Kiss the Bride.

Hugs!! And happy new year!!!

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news, Kristy!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

A HEALTHY, happy, prosperous New Year to you and your beautiful family.

Much love,
Nancy

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

WOOHOO!!! Congratulations!!!!!

I read the book and it's wonderful. It deserved the award!!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

THanks, Ane.

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

COngratulation, Kristy! Keep pressing on!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Pressing on. That's good. THanks, Jennifer I.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home