Thursday, January 17, 2008

MY "CONFESSION"




According to one definition in Webster's, confession means "creed," and creed means "a set of fundamental beliefs" or "a guiding principle."

Jack, guitarist extraordinnaire at church, sent me this, below. It's full of scripture and because of that, it's my creed, too.

Jack says, "Years ago, a brother in the Lord shared his daily confession with me which so impressed me, I committed it to memory. Now, years later, this confession of faith which I now call My Daily Confession, has become an integral part of my life. When I go on my daily morning walks, I speak these faith-filled words and let them pass through my ears and into my spirit. My prayer is that these words will bless you, as they were a point of help, blessing, and strength to me during some tough times."

My Daily Confession By Jack

I confess with my mouth, the Lord Jesus, and I believe in my heart, Father, that you have raised him from the dead. Therefore I am saved. If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. Old things have passed away, and all things have become new. I am in Christ. I am a new creature. I have a new Father, which is in Heaven. I've been delivered out of the power of darkness and translated into the kingdom of his dear Son. I am accepted in the beloved, and my name is written in your precious lamg's book of life.

I confess today that I have new power. I have power to treat on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt me. I have power over all devils to cast them out. I can lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. I am more than a conquerer through Christ Jesus, and I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me.

I confess today, Father, that I am not afraid. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. I will fear not, for Father, you are with me. I will not be dismayed for you are my God. You are helping me, you are strengthening me, and you are upholding me, Father, with the right hand of your mercy. I thank you, Father, that I haven't been given a spirit of fear, but the spirit of power, love, and a sound mind. I confess today that I have the spirit of power in me. I have the spirit of love in me, and I have the spirit of a sound mind in me. Over me is the blood of the lamb. Jesus goes before me. Jesus is in me. The angels of the Lord encamp around me. Underneath me are the everlasting arms of God, and goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. Fear has no place in my life.

Bless the Lord, oh, my soul, and forget not all his benefits. Who forgives all my iniquities. Who heals all my diseases. Who redeems my life from destruction. Who satisfies my mouth with good things, and my youth is renewed like the eagle's. All my sins are forgiven. All my diseases are healed. My life is preserved and strong in you, and I am crowned with your tender mercies.

I confess that this is a good day. This is the day the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it. I am healed today. I am filled with the love of God today. I am filled with the peace of God today. I am filled with the wisdom of God today. I am filled with the joy of the Lord today, and I am filled, Father, with your precious Holy Spirit today. I confess that today, I will help someone find the grace and mercy of God, and I confess today that all of my family is coming into the fold of the Lord.

This is my confession, and I boldly proclaim it before the devils, the angels, the Lord Jesus Christ, and God my Father. My confession rises up before you, Father, based on your Word. Jesus is the high priest of my confession, and he makes it good today."

6 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy,
What a wonderful confession! I can imagine how praying through this daily has strengthened and encouraged your friend. What a blessing that he would share this with you. I am going to print this out. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

I know filling your heart and mind with these powerful thoughts from God's Word will lift you up today and give you the grace you need.

I am praying for you today! Keep on looking up!

Love and prayers,
Carrie

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Melanie Dickerson said...

How uplifting. I love it.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

In the Book of John, it says , "In the beggining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word WAS God" (John 1:1, NKJV).

The Word literally is God, so when we're quoting it, we're as close as we can be to Him.

During the weeks I couldn't read or write following my surgery, I had to rely on memorized scripture. I'm so glad I learned it. The Word of God is manna from heaven to feed our souls.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Merrillee said...

Kristy,
Thanks so much for posting this confession. What a wonderful way to think on a daily basis. And speaking of daily, you are in my daily prayers.
Merrillee

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger SRI said...

Wow, that's amazing stuff.

Love it.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thanks, Merrillee, writer friend, for your comments. Lee, it IS amazing stuff. It's from the Word of God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home