Thursday, January 10, 2008

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COURAGE

Dear Kristy,



We don't know each other, but I read your blog.


After a special prayer service at my church tonight, we concluded with communion and prayers for healing--for those who were present and those who weren't. Immediately, I thought of you. The Lord showed me a picture of himself with His hands gently circling your neck, drawing you near to Him, and planting a kiss on your forehead.

It was tender and lovely and spoke of the deep love He has for you, and the joy you bring Him.

It happened quickly, but I don't doubt it--it was a real moment in Him.



Thank you for your courage, your joy, your maturity in the faith. We need you here with us, Kristy Dykes. That's what I keep telling the Lord. You're a rare gem.



Respectfully and with prayers, Nicole


***



"This is what the Lord looks like when He looks at you, Kristy," said Sonja at The Healing Rooms, as she handed me this picture of Christ. (To read what happened during my visit to The Healing Rooms, click on the link and scroll down to the post/article, "A Day of Faith").

***

"You're a spitfire, I can tell you that. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see you lick this thing and outlive all of us! Oh, the ways God would use you and your husband to further His Kingdom!" --Sharlene Maclaren, writer bud from American Christian Fiction Writers

7 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Hi Kristy,
I'm still reading your blog, still praying for you. Life got busy with ACFW plans for the conference heating up and working on my WIP. Praising God for what He is doing in your life!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I'm with Shar - and I'm believing for a healing for you, Kristy! I continue to bombard Heaven for you.
He IS Jehovah-Rapha.

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Jan Parrish said...

"Forget about what's happened;don't keep going over old history.Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new.It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is! I'm making a road through the desert,rivers in the badlands."

Isaiah 43:18&19

Praying for you!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Pam, Ane, dear friends and encouragers. Thanks. And thanks, Jan, for that wonderful scripture.

BRAND NEW?

A ROAD THROUGH THE DESERT?

RIVER IN THE BADLANDS?

YES!

To me, those things mean I'm about to start back writing on my long-length novel. And God is going to help me. (Have the mental power; just need the physical strength since I'm taking radiation.) Yeah, God!

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy,

What about one of those talking software programs..there's one called dragon something.

You have to work it a bit to get it used to your voice and pronunciation and inflection but it will type the words for you while you talk.

You could kick back and tell your story.

Praying always,

Rebecca

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kristy,
It's always a blessing to read your blog! I am praying for you today.

I sent you an email today with news about one of our writing projects. I hope you will find that message and have time to read it.

Love,
Carrie

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Just read the email, Carrie. Will respond. Exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home