Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A PREACHER'S STRUGGLE

Milton, here:

I struggled over the new sermon series I was preparing to preach during February entitled Nothing Is Too Hard For God from Jeremiah 32. The enemy of our souls kept whispering in my ear, "How do you dare preach such a word when your own wife is suffering so badly. If nothing is too hard for God, then why is she suffering? God isn't with you."

The ultimate goal of Satan is to steal, kill, and destroy. He desires to kill our faith, trust, and commitment to serve God. That is what the Devil was attempting to do to me. He was further attempting to keep the Word of God from those who desperately need it.

But he loses.

Something unique happened Friday at noon on February 1 that helped me. Our doorbell rang and a neighbor down the street was standing on the porch. She stopped to check on Kristy and tell us she was praying for her. She said, "Every day when I walked past your house I pray for Kristy and you, Milton." She said that earlier this morning when she walked by that she prayed and prayed for both of us.

Actually, I was working in our office at my desk which faces a window with a view of our front yard. I saw her as she passed our house. I noticed that she turned her head toward our house as she walked by and it seemed that something was happening to her. I didn't know what but I thought, "Something has just happened to that lady."

As she stood at my door at noon, she said, "I've got to tell you the presence of the Lord is pouring out of your house. I feel God's peace and I feel His presence so strong. There is a strong presence of God pouring out of your house."

Then she said, "Before I leave, I must tell you something else. As I was walking by your house earlier this morning something miraculous happened. I was praying for Kristy. All of a sudden I couldn't pray in English anymore and I started praying for her in the Holy Spirit and in a language I didn't know. I know I was praying for Kristy but it wasn't in my language. It was the language of the Holy Spirit. This has never happened to me before today."

Get this right. One of our neighbors was walking in the front of our house and feeling God's power radiating out of our house. She received a supernatural prayer language standing in the street.

I told her I saw her out there as she walked by our house earlier, and I thought, "Something just happened to her."

Now some may wonder how this could happen and that's ok. If you could have seen this precious lady share what God had done, there wouldn't be any doubts of God's marvelous love and work.

God was speaking to me through this experience. He was letting me know that He was with us regardless of the lying whispers of Satan. Right out there in the front of our house and in the street she received a glorious empowering of the Holy Spirit. Can you believe it? Yes, God is good.

Before she left, she said again, "You must know that the presence of God is flowing out of your house. His presence is touching your neighbors and He is touching me."

To be honest I don't understand all the "why's" of what we are going through, but I know One who holds the keys to every issue of life. This unusual, supernatural experience affirmed again that God is at work and is with us. Through our deepest struggles He is there to comfort and help us.

I was able to go to church two days later and begin preaching the series Nothing Is Too Hard for God with a holy boldness and confidence that He is Lord over all.

God wins again!

***

Dear Lord,

Please let your presence pour out of our lives and out of our house to others. Thank you for being close and real. Thank you for moving in you holy ways and in your holy will.

Amen.

***

How Is Kristy?

She has had two great days with no pain, fever, nausea. She is getting stronger and better. Her brightness is returning as God gives her healing and health. Praise God! Praise God! Praise God!

23 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, you and Kristy are in our thoughts and prayers every day. Years ago Dad, Uncle Charles, sang a song that to this day has minstered to me the power and love of our Lord. The title is "King Jesus Will Roll All Burdens Away"

When I should feel so sad, why does my heart feel glad, why does my soul feel so happy and gay? For all 'round me burdens fall, yet I'm not worried at all for if I pray, King Jesus will roll all burgens away.

And when my cares distress and when my trials oppress, at His dear feet all of my burdens I lay. For He will my hardships bear and all my trials share. That's why I say, King Jesus will roll all burdens away.

Like a king on his throne I'm never left alone, for I've a friend who walks with me each day. And all He asks me to do, just keep His laws and live true. If I obey, King Jesus will roll all burdens away.

(course)
Rolled away, all away, King Jesus will roll all burdens away if to Him I pray, for He opens doors I'm unable to see. That's why I say, King Jesus will roll all burdens away

Through this trial you cannot fathom how many lives have been touched for the Glory of God.

Love you Cousin,

Donnie

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallelujah. Praise the Lord for His miraculous ways, His loving kindness, and His continuing protection upon Kristy and you and your household. His presence cannot be denied, avoided, ignored, or forgotten. May His anointing remain upon you both and those whose lives are open to the touch of His Spirit and the healing of His Son Jesus Christ.

 
At 2:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy and Milton
Love and prayers.
Blog is great. Thanks.

I sent an email tonight.
Yes, Nothing is too Hard for God.
Gary and Dee Sapp

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a powerful encouraging word for all of us! Thanks.

"In His presence there is fulness of joy and at His right hand there are pleasures forevermore"

David & I will be leaving for India for 3 weeks so may not be able to read your blogs, but we will be praying for you & having the believers of India to pray also.

May God continue to strengthen & uphold you both.
Kay Daniels

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

yaying and praying!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Story and Logic Media Group said...

Your testimony has been such a blessing to me. I believe God is with you both. Thank you so much for sharing your journey.

Kristy, I praise God that you are feeling better.

Keep singing. :-)

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings. - Psalm 36:7

Blessings on your home today!

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy and Milton,
I am beyond thrilled to know that Kristy is having better days. What welcome news! What blessed relief for y'all.
With love and prayers for both of you and the girls,
Kathy

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You preach it, brother! Nothing Is Too Hard for God!

Our hearts rejoice that Kristy is feeling much better and will be walking in divine health in no time.

GLORY TO GOD!!!

Love & continued prayers & Thank You, Jesus!
Nancy & family

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Ava Tanner said...

Dear Milton and Kristy,

What wonderful news to hear that Kristy is feeling stronger with no pain, fever or nausea. God is great.

Your series on There is nothing Too hard for God will be great because your feelings are so real and your understanding is great. You can't preach it if you don't beleive it.

There is NOTHING too hard for God.

Is there a mountain in you way?
Do doubts and fears abound?
Press on oh hear the Spirit say,
This mountain shall come down.

Not by might, not by power, by my Spirit saith the Lord of Host.
Not by might, Not by power, by my Spirit says the Lord.
This mountain shall be removed, this mountain shall be removed, this mountain shall be removed,
By my Spirit says the Lord.

God bless you both.

Ava Tanner

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Milton, Kristy,

What a great testimony! God is good - all the time.

Keeping you in prayer!

Rachel

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Rambling On said...

To God be the glory!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

The greatest sermon is how we live our lives, and your living is reaching people. A most powerful testiment to God.

omeday we'll know how many more have come to belief because of Kristy's trial and how you both "live" it out.

As always, I'm praying.

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton & Kristy:

Thank you for sharing your blog from your heart. You are such an inspiration to us all.

How awesome your comments today about God's presence pouring from your home. Remember the children's song, "The prayers go up and the blessings come down".

Love you,
LaDonna

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

As your spirit pours from your home, so does it from your blog.

Thanks be to God!

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Milton and Kristy,
I am so glad to hear Kristy is feeling a bit stronger and able to enjoy her days. I know your church will be blessed by this series of messages. God is able to carry us through anything with His wonderful grace.
Sending love from Hawaii...where we are visiting with our oldest son and our two grandsons.
Carrie

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Mary Connealy said...

A beautiful message, Milton. Thank you for writing and keeping us up to date and sharing your faith.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

Such a wonderful share. God is truly able. It is so wonderful to hear that Kristy is on the mend from the treatments and we pray from everything. Blessings.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

A wonderful Christian testimony, both of you.

Continuing to pray!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Yvonne Clanton said...

Our church (Branchborough A/G in Zephryhills Fl) is praying for you guys at each service! We are beleiving God with you all for Kristy's healing! Milton, this is the best time to preach that sermon series! You are trusting God in a real tough situation but tough situations are where God works miracles!

Yvonne Clanton

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Thistle Cove Farm said...

You don't know me from Adam or Eve but you're tucked into prayer. I've more questions than answers but believe God was, is and will be all. You're always welcome to visit Thistle Cove Farm to see some of God's best eye candy.

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the encouraging words for this preacher and husband. You all are the best!

Milton

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

"Right out there in the front of our house and in the street she received a glorious empowering of the Holy Spirit. Can you believe it?"

Yes, I can. Awesome. May He flood Kristy anwew and heal her.

God bless~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home