Monday, February 11, 2008

FAULTS AND FLAWS...

Milton, here:


Kristy and I watched an old black and white movie recently entitled The Enchanted Cottage. It was a romantic story about a man and woman who had severe physical flaws. His face was scared from war and he had a maimed arm and hand. She was very homely looking. They both were lonely and he was dealing with inner hurts.


When they fell in love, something miraculous happened. They saw each other as handsome and beautiful. Others could see their serious flaws, but their love healed all physical flaws in their eyes as they viewed each other.

That is what love does. It covers a multitude of sins. When you look at your mate through eyes of love, the flaws and faults get lost in all the rapturous emotions and even deeper commitment. We have issues and differences. We have had to work through troubles like all couples do. But she loves me. I love her. Love covers.

Does Kristy have flaws? If you've been reading my posts, you would think she must not only be a super servant but some kind of super saint. Well, she is a super saint, but she and I both have faults and flaws. Our love covers them and carries us when the inevitable issues arise.

Well, what are our faults? Here goes…

Milton's Faults--from my view:

1. Too trusting sometimes. Maybe naïve.
2. Not as fast as I would like to be.
3. Too blunt when I could speak with a softer tone.
4. ##!!!*@@***
5. **$@##!!!!##

Kristy's Faults--from my view:

1. Likes to help me drive—a back seat driver.
2. ##!!***@###
3. **!@##@!@#!
4. Sometimes her passion for excellence in the details gets aggravating to me.
5. #@%&&@#@!

Now you really didn't think I was going to let too many secrets out did you? We have way more than 10 flaws, but you get the point. (By the way, Kristy approved this message. I mean list.)

We stand together through the good, bad, and ugly. We haven't and don't live in an enchanted cottage. But our love and vows have helped us see each other with eyes which veil our faults—at least most of the time. Ha!

How Is Kristy?

She had a better day Saturday and she was even better on Sunday. Her spirits are good. She still walks through the house praising God for His goodness and telling me over and over how much she loves me.

We are still praying, believing, and expecting.
***

The #@#!!!*** 's are none of your business.

17 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger Story and Logic Media Group said...

I'm glad Kristy is having better days. And Milton your sharing of your faults was tastefully done. You had me worried for a few days after you said you would post Kristy's faults. LOL

I just want to mention something about hospice. They can be very helpful to make Kristy more comfortable. When my sister-in-law had her brain tumor hospice gave us lotion for her itching and liquid morphine to put under her lip for pain. Kristy can swallow so it would probably work better for her. Just allowing hospice to help does not mean you are giving up. With my sister-in-law and again 3 months later with my mother, the hospice people were not intrusive. They did not come every day, because we took care of our sick loved ones. But they were on call when we needed them.

God bless you. I love you. Thank you for sharing your journey.

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy & Milton,

Your post made me laugh. (I'm still trying to decipher the codes!) Also, I want to reiterate what Sharon said in her comment, that having hospice come in to help for a while is not a sign of giving up. Your doctors said there'd be a rough patch for a couple of weeks after the radiation. Hospice will help with the liquid morphine or whatever, but we're still waiting on your healing. We're thanking God for the news that you're already having better days!

Love & prayers,
Nancy

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not
protect you."

Your blog has touched me in so many ways. I came here after a notice at the editcafe (Barbour editors' blog) when your condition was first diagnosed. Your faith and your obvious surrender to God's will has blessed me and impressed me. I will not be the same, and I doubt anyone else reading your journey will either. You will not know this side of heaven the power of your words and your honesty and your love--for each other, and for our wonderful (if sometimes inscrutable) Lord.

You are in my prayers. I thank God for introducing me to you through this blog, and I look forward to meeting both of you in Glory. In His time.

Rachel Overton

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Donita K. Paul said...

I hope someone has suggested compiling the posts since mid-November into a book. Kristy's love of God shines so brightly, a book would give hope to many. Milton's encouragement, honesty, and insights are a real blessing to me.

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite movies...and the two of you are one of my favorite couples! I love you and continue to pray!

Eva Marie Everson

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Kimberly Llewellyn said...

Kristy! Your and your husband's blog is touching and beautiful. I think of you and your beautiful smile often! The movie does sound so enchanting and it always wonderful when people in love only see "each other!" I'm glad you had a better day on Saturday! love, kimberly

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

I vote with Donita, to compile these into a book after the journey is over and Kristy is healed. It's a wonderful testimony. Praying...
Blessings,

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Like so many others, I know you only through this blog, yet I cannot count the times God brings you to my mind. I see your bright smiles in my mind and I pray.

Your faith and trust in God's faithfulness is so amazing to me! I have been pondering so many things in my own life as I read here. Thank you for your honesty, sharing your great love for each other and your greater love for our Heavenly Father.

Please know that I am praying for you often.

Kim

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dito to what Donita and Karen said. I just told Kristy the other day that this seems to be one of her best Christian love stories yet and it is co-authored with Milton. Love you Kristy and Milton. Still praying and believing! Jeri

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Praise God for chuckles in the midst of tears.

As always, praying and believing God for a miracle.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said...

We continue to check on you daily and pray for you many times during the day and even in the night. Yesterday, during the morning service, I felt so impressed to stand in for you, Kristy. I was anointed and prayed for Sunday, and I have been several times during this journey. El Bethel is praying for you! Much love and many prayers,
Mike, Lisa, and MaryLisa

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton ~ What a gift you are to Kristy, and she to you, and God to both of you. I do love your sense of humor, so important when dealing with life issues. As we Christians all know, God has one, too. My Online prayer chain and I are still praying for Kristy and believing in healing. That's what God wants and what He's so good at. We are expecting, EXPECTING, another good report tomorrow. Much love to you both.
#%@&*#$, Bonnie (I couldn't resist.)

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

LOL, I watched that movie, too, when it was on the other day. I agree, with the others. Hospice doesn't mean giving up. Just making you more comfy.

Praying for the God of all comfort to comfort all of you.

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comforting comments. They encourage and strengthen ever step of the way.

May God bless you all for your loving suport. We could not make this journey without you.

Milton

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Cyndy Salzmann said...

Dear Kristy,

I just had to chuckle at the photo. My dear husband gave me that "scalp massager" thingy as a gift for Christmas along with a bunch of "As seen on TV" gifts like a lotion applicator, Set It and Forget It, and electric tweezers. Poor man must have been up late trying to think of a Christmas gift and saw one too many infomercials. : )

So although I might put "gift challenged" on his list, as Milton says love covers all. thank you for sharing yours on this blog.

You are a dear -- and I am praying for you.

Cyndy

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Kristy,

Dear one, sitting here teary eyed, I'm thinking of your and praying for you and the family.

Love, Rachel

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Marion Kelley Bullock said...

Dear Kristy,

I continue to pray for God's healing hand on you.

Love,

Marion

 

Post a Comment

<< Home