Friday, February 08, 2008

HE JUST DOESN'T GET IT

For almost two weeks…doctors, doctors, doctors.

Eyes. More vision loss.

Dentist. Watching for tooth decay caused by radiation to the head.

Internist's assistant. Fevers attack in the night. Shakes rock the bed.

MRI.

Neurosurgeon.

Internist.

Neurologist put on board.

Radiation oncologist.

Me, the woman who had to be dragged to the doctor.

Now…now…

***

Constant togetherness is not a good thing. Misunderstandings occur. Frustrations mount. Tempers flare. Eyes roll.

We leave the doctor's office.
Elevators bing.
A cell phone emerges.
Information given.
Conversation flows.

We're in the parking garage.

Next call.
Information given.
Conversation flows.

Headed home. We're minutes from home.

Next call comes in…

"Milton." I point to my heart. Can I talk to you a moment?

Call ends.

"Can't you talk to me?" I ask.

Dial tone starts.

Call connects.

Long conversation.

I touch his arm.

Does he not realize I'm sitting here beside him, longing for conversation, to hear his take on what we're facing?

***

Then we're home and to the recliner or bed to recoup the night's loss.

***

A nap for two sleep-deprived people brings new perspective. We hug, kiss, say "I love you."

But a willingness to forgive, forget, and move on brought relief. And joy.

***

Steroids…
Steroids…
Steroids…
How I hate you.

***

He Just Doesn't Get It.....

He Had It.....all along.

It's a Christian love story.

***

"Lord, thank You for giving me this good man. A tower of strength. A support unparalleled. A walker through the fire.

I don't deserve him. Reward him, Lord, for his lovingkindness."

***

Milton, here:


This is Milton Dykes, and I approve this message.

***

MORE WRITING VAUX PAS

Get Thesaurus.

Where is hurricane in thesaurus?

Flip pages. There it is.

Hupla.

Keep looking.

A long time later.

Hurricane.

And it wasn't the right word.

***

Picture: Taken on a day get away at Jekyll Island this past summer.

8 Comments:

At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy, I have been checking your blog this past week and was concerned because it appeared it was not being updated (I even posted a message on your daughter Jennifer's blog) Anyway, I checked again tonight and see it has been kept current, but for some reason when I clicked on my Favorites to check your blog it kept coming up Jan. 31st! Anyway, I figured it out...(hope that all made sense!) I am thinking and praying for you all. You give me great hope and I am filled with admiration for you. Take care and I know God is so obviously with you. Lori in California. :o)

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Milton & Kristy
U hav today...God made
U hav each other.....God bonded

This may be the Day that Our Lord and Savior comes back...Maranatha. (Rev. 22:20)

This may be the Day you receive your healing....we receive in Jesus name.

We are fasting and praying with you.

IIPeter 1:2-4

Gary & Ida Finch

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy and Milton,

As I daily read your posts, the words of a song come to mind:

"When I think I'm goin' under, part the waters, Lord.
When I feel the waves around me, calm the sea.
When I cry for help, oh hear me, Lord, and hold out Your hand.
Touch my life. Still the raging storm in me.

Knowing you love me, through the burdens I must bear.
Hearing Your footsteps, lets me know I'm in Your care.
And in the night of my life, You bring the promise of day.
Here is my hand, show me the way."

I am praying daily for you. May you know God's peace in all things.

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy,

I wanted you to know I'm praying for you always.

I think you may just be writing your best "Christian Love Story" yet......Love you much! Jeri

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said...

Bro. Dykes and Kristy,
You are in our thoughts and prayers! We are checking on you daily and are truly standing with you in faith! I have saved so many of your articles that spoke to my heart, Kristy. You've been such a role-model for my "wanna-be-an-author" dream! One story that particularly has been an anchor for me (in my Christian walk and in the ministry)is the testimony of Milton's father and mother receiving an estate after his retirement. I remember Bro. Dykes telling how great was his concern about a home for them, and his father's response was that God had always taken care of the Dykes family--God had a plan. Be encouraged today that God loves you like a "perfect parent"! And we love you so very much!
Mike, Lisa, and MaryLisa

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kristy & Milton,

Thank you for updating us. Thank you for showing us how to weather the worst of the storms with grace and faith and hope in Jesus.

Continually praying for you.

Love,
Nancy

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had to take steroids for a less serious reason..and it was like taking a testy pill.

I hated them. They made me feel like my last nerve was being walked on by everything.

I am so sorry you a going through this ...and you are in my prayers.

Whatever gives you ease..if anything does....indulge!


Rebecca

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy,
I've been on steriods many times in my life. Every time I go on them, I have to take an anti-anxiety medication. I'm not sure if you are on any or not, but if not they really do help with sleep.
I'm still praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home