Thursday, March 27, 2008

KEEPING THE FAITH


Milton, here:

This journey has taken so many unexpected turns. Kristy has exemplified Christian virtues that stands the trial of faith. She has lived her life with eternal purpose and faith filled trust. Through the transitions of life, ministry, and now the trial of health, she has and is standing strong with a determined commitment to honor Christ.

It is hard to watch your dearest, closest friend struggle and not be able to do all the super women things she has always done. But she goes at the pace she can and trusts God with the rest.

In our devotions this evening, Kristy gave thanks to God for all His faithfulness to her. She thanked Him for all her family, dear friends, and new friends who have prayed and stood with her. She asked God to use this trial to bring glory to His name and to help others.

Kristy is standing in the strength of God and yielding to His will and way. This has been her manner of life for all her life. That's how you keep the faith.

Kristy, here: Thank You, Lord, for all you're doing. I trust and rely on you. How faithful You are to me.

6 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Kim said...

A-men and A-men!!

With Love,
Kim

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kristy and Milton,
I love this line:
"Kristy is standing in the strength of God and yielding to His will and way."
What a blessing and encouragement you both are to all of us! Thank you for living out your faith like this.
We love you and send prayers and hugs tonight.
Carrie

 
At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Without Him, I could do nothing.
Without Him, I'd surely fail,
Without Him, I would be drifting like a ship without a sail.

But WITH HIM, I can do ALL THINGS, and WITH HIM, I'll never fail,
and THROUGH THE STORMIEST WATERS, IN PERFECT PEACE I'll SAIL!"

Oh JESUS, DO YOU KNOW Him today, you can't turn Him away -
Oh, JESUS - my JESUS,
WITHOUT HIM, HOW LOST I WOULD BE!"

Kristy and Milton, I know you just now sang that through with me. What peace and comfort that song brings...for WITHOUT HIM we truly could do nothing. Thank you for your loving and sharing! WE ALL LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Prayerfully,
A Friend through Christ
<><

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Kristy & Milton, I have been reading your site since you posted a requset for prayer on the A/G website. Your thoughts, words & sharing of your lives has been so encouraging and uplifting. I did not understand how helpful this was and would be until suddenly my step-father was diagnosed with a brain tumor 2 weeks ago.He accepted Jesus as his savior 2 days later.He was taken to surgery , in hopes of removing the tumor, unfortunately the surgeon found that it was metastatic. At that point he was given 6-12 weeks to live. But just yesterday, the Dr. said that the cancer is growing very fast and he has 3 days to 3 weeks to live.I am so thankful to have been reading your site. God is certainly using you and your ordeal to touch lives. I am still praying that God will heal you. Thank you for your faithfulness and steadfastness. Fran

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Kristy, you're teaching us all how to glorify God through the hardest trial of all. Though He affict you, you will praise Him.

What an example you give us. It puts me in mind of Paul as he says to do as he did.

I promise you, my special redheaded friend, I will endeavor to live as you are.

As always, I'm praying.

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Kristy & Milton,

How good to see your smiling faces, and read your many praises to our Lord. I pray you have a fun-filled weekend and a Holy Ghost and fire Sunday service.

God's abundant blessings to you and yours. We're standing on the Word and trusting for your healing, Kristy.

Love always,
Nancy & family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home