Tuesday, March 04, 2008

OUR LOVE STORY

Dear Kristy:

What a wonderful weekend you had! And you look so beautiful. There's nothing like being with family members, who obviously love you so much.

Just wanted you to know that Ken and I are praying for you and Milton, and for your family. We're expecting great miracles from God! You must write your own love story, because nothing I've ever read is as sweet and glorifying to God as you and Milton.

It also meant so much to Ken when I told him you had watched the movie he produced, Amazing Grace, at your church. Kristy, you are truly amazing. God must smile at your every word and move! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you and Milton.

Love and Blessings!
Susan Wales AWSA sister

***

Kristy, here: Susan Wales is a talented author who writes fiction and nonfiction. She's a speaker and teaches at writers' conferences. Milton and I had the privilege of meeting her and her husband at Blue Ridge Writers Conference.

Her husband Ken Wales is an author, too, as well as a movie producer--lots of them. He produced the recent movie Amazing Grace. What a movie! It was captivating, powerful! He produced the TV series Christy. We owe him a great debt for bringing Christy to us.

In Susan's comment in the Comments Section, she said, "You must write your own love story, because nothing I've ever read is as sweet and glorifying to God as you and Milton."

Thank you, Susan. That's a confirmation of what I'm feeling. And like you, many are saying that. Interestingly, one of my completed "prepublished" novels is based on our love story. In my story, the couple is naive and innocent, and there's pathos and humor, too.. It "makes readers laugh, cry, and wait."

4 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Kristi I'm Cailtin,
I have a mom,dad,a brother, and an Identical twin sister. I told them about you going through cancer and asked them to pray for you. My whole family has been praying ever sense.
I first found out about your cancer when my aunt hope(Sandra) told me. She said she knew you from like high school or something.WEll I just wanted to tell you that were still praying for you and that we all still have plenty of hope left for you.

God bless.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thank you, Caitlin, for your prayers, and for your family's too. God bless you. Thanks for writing.

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED the Christy series and will find an opportunity soon to view the Amazing Grace movie.
Kristy, I pray that Yahweh will give you clarity and direction as you bring this novel to completion. You can do it...get 'er done!

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gods not through with you and Milton yet. God will restore your health, your Call and His anointing. He has a greater work for you than you have ever done. All he is asking is a new commitment to his work, not yours. It is not his desire for you to die, but to die to "self". It,s about His Glory! Milton, Stop, Listen, He is trying to talk to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home