Friday, March 28, 2008

UNEXPECTED CHALLENGES

Milton, here:

Life is filled with surprises. Every day brings new opportunities and new ventures. There are also new trials that come our way.

A few weeks ago at our house it seems that every time I turned around something was breaking down and needed to be repaired or replaced. Our car transmission needed work. The air conditioning system had to be replaced. The hot water heater started leaking and had to be replaced. The garbage disposal quit working. We had a problem with our dish washer. The TV had a line weaving across it. A light bulb over our office desk went out and cost $20 to replace. One bulb--$20.

Not good.

No fun.

Woe is me.

Gloom. Despair.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!

Not! A thousand times, Not!

I don't believe in luck. I believe in the goodness of God.

The good news is that God was doing many good things in our home all during the time we faced these challenges. However, I will have to admit it wasn’t much fun dealing with all the breakdowns. But that’s life. Life is going to have unexpected challenges.

I am thankful that God is not surprised when issues arise. He knows all and is well prepared to help us through whatever comes our way. Yes, the challenges are often unexpected, but they are never news to Him.

The really good news is that He will help us every step of the way. He will take all things and work them for our good. We can grow stronger through unexpected challenges as we truly rely on Him. Certainly we gain compassion for others who are dealing with similar problems.

If you’re facing an unexpected challenge, look to God. He loves you and will help you. He has and is helping Kristy and me. He is faithful.

3 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, I was hanging in there with you when you were talking about breakdowns around the house! Isn't it funny how everything seems to go at once?????LOL! I've even gone as far as to PRAISE THE LORD for my car breaking down, or this or that & my grandchildren are going - "Are you okay, Grams?" And I just say, "I sure am - everything that touches my life I'll turn into a blessing, with God!" Kristy, GOD IS SO GOOD TO ME, too!!!!!!
Your Tennessee family is praying for you, daily! God bless!

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you had some week! And it's true that everything breaks down at once. Nobody knows why. LOL It's like this invisible wrecking crew comes in the back door while we're sleeping. I bought the economy bulbs that are supposed to last SEVEN YEARS, and that went out after a couple of months.:( It's sure good to know that in heaven we won't need bulbs, washers & dryers, etc.

Please give Kristy a great big hug from us. We continue to lift you up in prayer and thank Him that He makes us more like Jesus every day.

Love,
Nancy & family

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear bro milton, kristy
well I have been following your journey for a few months now. I'm so glad that Jesus is helping you, holding you, comforting you, refreshing you, giving you hope, blessing you, using your church to be a blessing, using family and friends to hold you up when things get so hard. Recently I have fallen here at my home and broken mt arm. Seems like the mind tries to take over and have a pity party. Thanks for all your faith you both have, it makes me feel that my problems are so small. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU BOTH.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home