Thursday, April 10, 2008

I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU

Milton, here:

My Dad was right!
Women are different from men, but oh thank God for the difference.

We don't think, hear, smell, talk, walk, dress, shop, plan, prepare, implement, or otherwise do much anything alike. We're different, but oh thank God for the difference.

***

Here is more truth about lasting marraiges.

***

Eight truths of lasting marriages

by Kristy and Milton Dykes

2. The differences between men and women add variety and completeness.

“Woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman” 1 Corinthians 11:11

The best-selling book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus emphasizes the differences between men and women. Men tend to be more logical. Women tend to be more emotional. Men tend to forget little things. Women tend to remember little things. Men tend to respond to sight. Women tend to respond to touch.

But when united in love, these differences make for completeness. If agreed in faith, career and primary goals, we can make allowances for differences, and our differences can become our strengths.

3. You can have a happy marriage, but not necessarily be happy all the time.

“In thy presence is fullness of joy” (Psalm 16:11, KJV)

Someone said, “You can be happy one day and married the next!” That’s an old joke, but for many couples it’s lived out. There are three issues:

Unhappy people who marry to be happy will still be unhappy once they are married.
Couples in God-honoring marriages aren’t happy with each other all the time because rifts occasionally surface. The key is to work through differences.

Marriage in and of itself does not make anyone happy. In our “Joy in Marriage” seminars, the most important truth we share is this: No person, place or thing can bring happiness. Only Jesus can satisfy your soul.

***

How is Kristy?

She had a wonderful day. God is good!

9 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you

Kevin & Tamatha Jones

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Milton and Kristy,
This is great advice on marriage. Thanks for sharing it with us. We are celebrating 30 years of marriage this September. There are new challenges and new joys each year. My husband is a real "keeper!" : )

I am so happy to hear Kristy had a wonderful day. She is never far from my thoughts and prayers.

Thanking God for you both,
Carrie

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband Brad and I co-lead a marriage class with our Pastor & his wife 1-2 times a year. We have probably done 15 of these classes and each time the material ("Marriage on the Rock" by Jimmy Evans) is a GREAT reminder of the what we need to focus on for our marriage. I am reading your marriage steps each day and eagerly await each new truth. I am going to share this with our class.

It's always important to remember, we study hard for so many things in our lives (school, the job) so we know how to do it better....but so many couples just get married and think they "know what they are doing?!?"

God Bless you both! You are an inspiration. We have a prayer team with almost 100 people and when we see things are bad for Kristy we shoot out a request to this team. May God richly bless you Kristy...loved by many that may never see your face til we around the throne of Jesus!

Evonne Holmberg
Chico CA

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

Thanks for reminding us of the simple truths about marriage.

Praise God for a good day for Kristy! I recently read her Kiss The Bride and enjoyed it much.

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind comments. It makes me feel this is worth the effort.

Kristy dearly loved to write new posts and it hurts me for her to be limited and not share.

I felt posting this article was one way we could yet share together in writing and bless others.

Milton

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said...

Bro. Dykes and Kristy,
Greetings from South Alabama! I wanted to leave a note to encourage you to keep posting. I check this blog everyday! I am so thankful for a way to keep up (DAILY) with you without trying to call. I know you have so many phone calls and responsibilities, but I am touched to hear updates and know what is happening with you both. Your messages each day are encouraging, teaching, guiding, and blessing! Please know that we're (many, many friends) waiting to hear as we continue to hold you close in our hearts and uppermost in our prayers!
You both have meant so very much to me and my life over these many years, and it is amazing to me to see how God is sharing your ministry all over this world. Your availability to the Lord, your dedication to God's Word, and your willingness to share this season in your lives is missionary work in action.
I pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to undergird you with His strength and presence.
Much love and Many prayers,
Mike, Lisa, and MaryLisa

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said...

P.S. Thought you might like to know:) Twenty-two years ago this evening (4/11/08), Mike and I went on our first date to Red Lobster in Lakeland! Tricia had a birthday party for me and invited Mike... God Bless her heart! It's fun to remember those dating days and first years!
Thank you for all the pre-marriage counseling! It's still working!
Much love,
Lisa

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Kristy, I'm cracking up here. I love the sausage curls!!! I remember those so well. LOL I couldn't get past the photo, it's so cute. :D

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

((((((((((Milton & Kristy))))))))))

What a beautiful picture of the two of you!

Years ago, my husband asked me out for coffee after church one evening. Six weeks later, we were married. We'll soon be celebrating 27 years of marriage.

Yes, God is good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home