Sunday, April 06, 2008

NEED A FIX?

Milton, here:

This Sunday morning at the conclusion of the service, Susan stood at the altar with tears in her eyes sharing from her heart concerning Kristy. She and her husband Doug are ministers who attend our church and work as volunteers. He is a chaplain for Clay County, and they both have been minister friends for years. Susan missed Kristy in our service this morning as she wasn't able to attend. Kristy is a mentor for Susan, and Susan was hurting at missing her friend.

There have been untold adjustments in our lives due to Kristy's illness--adjustments for me, our daughters, our family, dear church family and friends. Our world has changed and our world at church as changed. As you know if you've followed this blog, Kristy has not been a spectator. She has been hands on with grit and grace to advance the Kingdom. There has been a "hole" in a lot of hearts when she has been absent.

Friday we had lunch with Doug and Susan and had fellowship together for a couple of hours. As we first sat down in the restaurant, Susan looked at Kristy and said, "I needed a "Kristy fix". I've missed you and I need a "fix".

Wow, that hit me. They is what's happening to her friends. There is a hole in hearts even though God has granted Kristy extended time. There is still a vacuum for those who aren't able to see her or talk to her.

I've look deep into Kristy's eyes and told her with the warmest most sincere feelings I have how much I love her. So many have done that in recent days and weeks even at a distance.

A "Kristy fix". What a tribute.
***
How is Kristy?
She has had a good day. Saturday afternoon she began to improve and rested well the remainder of the day. Sunday she has felt better though she wasn't strong enough to attend church.

5 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton and Kristy,
Glad to hear Kristy has improved and had a good day. I know it is hard for her to stay home and not be at church with everyone she loves there...and as you said, they are missing her too. I am asking the Lord to comfort you all.

It reminds me how important it is to appreciate our family, friends, and partners in ministry and tell them how special they are and how much we love them. I am blessed with so many great friends, a loving family, and dedicated ministry partners. Time to be sure they know how much I value them. Thanks for the reminder! : )

sending love and prayers,
Carrie

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Georgia! I have been praying (and will continue) for you, Kristy and Milton. May the Lord wrap His arms of comfort and strength around you both.
Blessings, Patti Moore

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Rose McCauley said...

Sure wish I could get a Kristy-fix, too! I remember the tender, yet strong feel of her hugs at ACFW conferences, and all the encouragement she has been to me over the 5 years I have known her. Know you are all in my prayers daily. love, rose

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy and Milton you are in our daily prayers.

Kristy, you have been a mentor to me even though you did not know it. Your trust, faith, belief and strength in God through this illness has helped strengthen me during the recent stroke of my husband Tommy (Milton's cousin). We have seen God's mighty hand carry you during your illness and Tommy during his receovery.

A Kristy-fix is a great gift to receive. Please continue to give them out. God will bless you because you bless us.

Keep resting in God's arms of strength and love and HE will see you through.

Love and Prayers,
Linda Reece
Birmingham, Alabama

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the continued prayers.

Linda, our prayers are with you and Tommy. God's grace is sufficient for He never fails. Please share our love and prayers with Tommy.

Blessings to all.

Milton Dykes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home