Saturday, April 05, 2008

A QUESTION FROM DOWN UNDER

LEE, here:

It's great the Lord can help you both to stay positive, especially when faced with trials.

By the way, I love your accents, so lovely to hear them. Is it indicative of any particular area?

Lee
Western Australia

***

Milton, here:

I've never met Lee, but people from Australia to Austria and all parts in between have visited Kristy's blog. We are grateful to those who are making this journey with us. As I write, it is Saturday morning and Kristy is sick in bed. We are home alone. It is comforting to know that daily hundreds and hundreds are visiting her web site to check in on her and pray for her. Thank you so very much.

We have had numerous emails and comments about the videos relative our southern drawl and so many just simply commenting about getting to hear and see Kristy for the first time as many of you have never met her. It is been touching and comforting to both of us.

I think we talk normal. I certainly love Kristy's southern belle accent and manner. Our accents are unique to the Southeastern states—the heavenly part of America. Kristy is a proud native of Jacksonville, FL., and I transplanted to Florida almost thirty years ago from Alabama—Rolled Tide, Go Bama, and place hand over heart in memory of the "Bear." All of those are real special southern terms unique and dear to the best of the State of Alabama.

We love to hear Australians talk about the barbe' and kangaroo's. Your accent and the Australian worship choruses are really the rage in many places.

I do know this—love doesn't have an accent. It travels well in any country. All it takes is a smile, hand shake and a warm hug to transcend language barriers. Helping hands don't have distinctive tone sounds either—helping hands speak clearer than the finest spoken accent . For they communicate through warm, loving, comfort.

Thank you, Lee, for your comment, and thanks to everyone taking the time to stop by to encourage Kristy and pray for her.

***

How is Kristy?

She is having a rough morning-- sick with headache and nausea. Recent days have been good, but today she is very sick. Keep remembering her and us.

10 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Kathy Collard Miller said...

OH, Heavenly Father, strengthen Kristy right now, take away these symptoms, enfold her within Your loving arms. Thank you for strengthening her to trust you in the midst of difficulty. I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton and Kristy,
Although we did not know each other real well at Southeastern, we try to keep up with what is happening with you now. Tim and Janet worked with us in ministry and are an absolute joy. Gaylon will be thrilled to read: Roll Tide! When Kristy gets through this (we are asking for a miracle), we invite to come to a Bama game. We have season tickets and the game's on us! Please know we are praying Hezekiah for Kristy. May God intervene today!

Blessings,

Gaylon and Barbara Benton

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless You both today, I will continue to pray for you all. I do not know you all, but from the blogs I feel love and encouragment.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I'm sending up prayers for her.

I remember the first time I heard a native Floridian. For some reason, most of the country doesn't think of FL as "Southern" but more tropical. So the first time I heard the accent, I was enthralled by it. :D Now I'm a transplanted Southerner who's beginning to drawl after 12 years. :D

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Praying for you Kristy, and for you Milton and the rest of the family. Kristy's the perfect picture of a real southern belle--beautiful inside and out.

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kristy and Milton,
I'm asking the Lord to comfort and encourage you both this evening. Hoping Kristy will rest well tonight and feel stronger tomorrow.
Sending love and prayers from New Jersey,
Carrie

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that Kristy is having a bad day; I too am praying for a miracle. Her southern drawl is beautiful; there is something about the south, and no sweeter sound than listening to a true belle such as Kristy.

I am from Tuscaloosa and graduated from Alabama. I read your blog everyday and marvel at your love story. You will never know how many lives are changed because of you both.

In my prayers,
Teresa

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

I'm reading this on Sunday. Funny, when I watch the videos I barely noticed any accent. Must come from having an Alabama heritage on my mom's side and listening to my grandparents all the years growing up and now dating a guy from south Texas. Granted Texan's have a slightly different accent than Alabama, but it's all said in a drawl LOL. I know if I lived down there I'd pick it up fast. When I lived with a Canadian roommate years ago by the time we split up she had me saying "ey" all the time. Ha!

Praying Kristy is better this morning.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, I loved the response to the gentleman from Australia. I had to let my 19 yr old son read it. We took our Bama hats off in unison to place over our hearts when you mentioned "The Bear".
I hope Kristy is feeling better today. We continue to keep you and her in prayer.

Donn/Central GA

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger SRI said...

I logged on this morning to check your blog and told hubby you put my question up on the screen. Of course he knows my fascination with accents.

As Ane said, Florida sounds more tropical like Hawaii rather than Southern, but the accent is just so wonderful. Just like warmed up honey.The type of accent I pictured Kristy having before I heard it. Warm, inviting and sweet.

Prayers are continuing to go up.

Lee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home