Tuesday, April 01, 2008

LISTEN TO THE LOVE



(Double click on arrow above.)

Milton, here:

Tuesday my Mom and Dad along with Tricia, my sister, and her daughter Stephanie from Central Florida came for a visit. We enjoyed lunch at a nice restaurant on the St. Johns River and then they returned to our house for the afternoon. We always have a ball when our family is around.

I'm the oldest of five with three sisters, Tricia, Janet, and Norma, and one brother, Max. Mom and Dad love Kristy like a daughter, and wow do we have fun together.

All three sisters married preachers and are making a difference in the world for Christ. Tricia and Janet lived with us at different times before they married. Norma is my age--gotcha Norma. Max makes us proud as a very gifted and skilled tradesmen. He is multi-talented as he got all Dad's genes to build and repair. I don't think the Lord gave me even one of those fix-it genes. I guess I'll just have to call Max when I need something repaired. Ha!

Dad preached this past Sunday in St. Petersburg at Suncoast Cathedral where Tim and Janet pastor and did a fabulous job by all accounts. People came to the Lord through his ministry and everyone heard Christ preached. Mom and Dad have been married 63 years and are still livin' it up. We are so thankful for such wonderful godly parents who have helped all of us "kids" no matter what we face.

Stephanie, the pretty little five year old blonde at right, said, "I like coming to Aunt Kristy's house because she paints and colors with me, and it's fun."

When you listen to this video, you get just a small glimpse of how Kristy's helping hands have ministered. Her heart reaches out through her hands to those in need. I have seen her helping hands in action all of our married life touching others. Kristy's faith works through lots of love in action.

Listen to the love and........go and do likewise.

6 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Precious are the times with family. :D I loved your dad saying he loved her more than pigs love slop. I laughed out loud!

As usual, I'm praying.

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,

I am not 58 but you are! I am not as old as you....yet!

I know that since you are older you have a hard time remembering that it is not until August that you can make that boast...!!!

Wish I had been there Tuesday.

Love,

Norma

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Lauralee Bliss said...

What a sweet family video that shows the depth of love and power in the family unit. A true testimony. Thanks for sharing it.

Lauralee Bliss
Fellow Heartsong Author

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton and Kristy,
Times with family are so precious. I am glad you have built strong bonds of love that nothing can break. It's fun to see you all on video and hear your voices. Love that accent! : )

We are planning a family reunion this summer here in NJ. We will have family coming from Pennsylvania, California, North Carolina, and Hawaii to join us for a week of fun times. We are spread out all over the place. I can hardly wait!

We're praying for you all tonight.

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a precious video, and a loving family.

How is Kristy doing

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the video. I offically become an member of the hugh Dykes clan in 1996 when I married their cousin Tommy Reece. However I have been an honorary member since I was born. I grew up at First Assembly of God in Birmingham where many of the Dykes uncles and aunts attended. I attended summer camp at Oak Mountain with Uncle Oscar and family when he was the Alabama CA Decap.I have always felt the genuine love of the many Dykes uncles, aunts, and cousins who made me feel like I was part of this wonderful family. I love and thank God that this family made a difference in my life as I was growing up. Their faith and trust in God is a wonderful legacy that we should all follow. I am proud to be a part of such a wonderful, loving and Godly family.
Kristy and Milton our prayers are with you as we travel your journey together. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME AND POURS OUT HIS BLESSINGS ON US!
Love and prayers your cuz-in-law,
Linda(Schramm)Reece

 

Post a Comment

<< Home