Tuesday, August 26, 2008

KITTY HAWK AND SECONDHAND LIONS

Milton, here for Kristy:

Kristy and I loved the movie Secondhand Lions. It is a very funny movie about two old guys who kept reaching out to life and enjoyed the unconventional. The movie begins with them flying a biplane under a freeway overpass and ends with the plane crashing as they attempted to fly the plane through a barn. Well I haven't flown a biplane through a barn or a overpass but I certainly enjoyed flying in one in the Outer Banks. Kristy would have loved it too.

This is been an fast paced trip enjoying being with old friends and letting God renew my mind.
Sometimes the best way to break through to something new is to just do something new. I think I shot almost 70 pictures in the twenty minute flight over Kitty Hawk and Manteo. It was fun even though it was just a short flight.

When I was a boy my father would rent a small cub airplane and took me flying with him a few times. Kristy and I flew in the Virgin Islands and in Honduras on small planes that took us to ministry assignments. We flew onto Virgin Gorda British Virgin Island and the shortest runway you could imagine. Kristy never backed up or hesitated a going on a new venture. Once, we got on a plane in Honduras, I believe a DC 3 though I don't know planes. The plane.s doors were open and there were chickens and all kinds of animals flying with us.

Check out the videos below. The sound of the airplane engine is loud. The cockpit was open as we flew over Roanoke Island and the Wright Brother's Memorial at Kitty Hawk and Nags Head. Hey, check out my movie directing abilities as I held the camera for all of the videos.


5 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Looks like you had a blast, Milton. It's always fun to fly over familiar territory and see what it looks like from the air.

I'm so glad you are able to do some new things and be restored through this trip.

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't Second Hand Lions a great movie?!

My son is a pastor and he used part of it in a sermon illustration.

Prayers as you begin to move towards Jax.

Kate.

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, you're soaring high!
I'm so proud of you, and all the accomplishments you're making. This is all restorative healing with each step you make. There've been many before you, and even now, that LOVE as you have loved. But, no one before you has allowed us to see into their heart as you have done. God has put the desire within you to "share" your life's story. God has blessed you with a great writing ability. You are soaring to new heigths in Him. God is stretching you, and we see it right here before our eyes. I am awe struck, just seeing what God is producing in your life. The Hand of God is vividly upon your head, upon your life - leading and guiding and shaping anew. You're on the Potter's Wheel; the clarity of it all is truly a sight to behold. We're walking in heavenly places as we see God's handiwork before our very eyes. Psalms 3:3 speaks of being the "lifter of our heads", and I am so eager to see the doors that God will continue to open, as He lifts you to higher heights and greater joys....Praise the Lord from the depths of my soul! Oh, to God be the glory! Milton, know that hundreds and thousands are upholding you in prayer. I fail to remember the words of that song that has "You are the Potter, I am the Clay - Make me and mold me, etc" God bless you, Milton.

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

An exciting way to renew your mind. Reminds me of Key West's roosters freely roaming. I've never flown in a small plane, and I'd never flown at all until last March. It was quite an adventure. I enjoyed it.

Blessings,
Barb

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I LOVED Secondhand Lions! Great movie. :D Looks like you had a blast, even without the lion. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home