Tuesday, November 13, 2007

SADNESS

I feel so sad. Daughter Jennifer's getting her babies bedded down (not quite 2 and note quite 4), and sister-in-law Norma's got her feet up for the first time today, and Milton's at a special-called prayer meeting at church, and I've just bathed and am writing. The sadness came over me after everything quitened down. Church people had been here bringing in the most luscious food in the South (thanks, Sonja and Emmett and Martha and Stanfields) plus writer friend Lavada from American Christian Fiction Writers, plus neighbors (Cheryl, Erma, . And everything was hectic and joyful, and the children were noisy and the eating was good.

Now it's quiet.

But tomorrow, the family is coming back I in full force. The church ladies are bringing the food, and Pastor Mike will be on hand to play on my Yamaha piano hymns of the church, and then, knowing him, he'll do his Elvis impression and others, and we'll laugh and have a big time.

When this sadness descended tonight, I started praying and praying, and now the cloud of peace has descended.

Thank You, Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home