Tuesday, December 11, 2007

BRAGGING ON OUR CHURCH PEOPLE

KRISTY, HERE:

Oh, man, these people are bringing the most luscious food you could imagine. I can't cook yet (that's one of my hobbies), (and I could only imagine if ITRIED to cook--let's see, think of some culinary disasters-- HAHA!), so we're relying on our people to help us, and boy, have they! These women can cook, let me tell you. We ought to open a restaurant. Pork roast and trimmings. Roast beef. Lasagna. Country fried steak. Fresh fried fish last night. Brain can't remember all of them, right at the moment, but believe me, the food has been wonderful, and such a comfort to us. Every time they bring it to our house, I hear this in my heart: "You are loved. We're doing this for you to help you through this hard time." And in response, I lift my eyes to heaven and say, "Lord, thank You, thank You, thank You. And Lord, bless them, bless them, bless them, for all they're doing for us."

My eyes tear up at their kindness. I can't return their kindness. And that's so humbling to me. Because I've always been the type person to do my part. But I can't right now. So God has assured me He's going to bless them for their kindness in ways they never dreamed or expected.

Thank you, church people, for your love. This is the best church in the world.

"Lord, thank You for placing Milton and me here. Thank You that you called us to this church five years ago. Thank you for our people. Thank You their goodness."

Amen.

***
Disclaimer on typos! :)))))

3 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Stop it, Kristy! You're making me hungry! God's people are family and you are their family. You've given so much over the years. Now it is your turn to receive.

So good to see you posting :-)

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Richard L. Mabry, MD said...

Kristy,
You're supposed to LOSE weight when you're in this situation. Didn't anyone ever tell you that?
Praying for you and Milton.
"Doctor Richard"

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Oh, I did lose weight, Dr. Richard! Ten pounds. That's the best benefit of this whole thing! I'd been eating too much good food at all our church "eating meetings." Good to hear from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home