Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I OVERDID IT

KRISTY, HERE:

Well, I've over done it. Typical me. I'm the one who never stops. Never. Now, I have to stop. Okay, some! WINK! We had a glorious weekend. Can't even tell you how pleasant and powerful and wonderful it was. I kept my distance, I thought, but apparently not. I'm tired. We had a fantastic Sunday, which I've already talked about. A Sunday service that blessed us, until I thought we had been transported into the heavenlies, and by that, I mean, the presence of the Lord was so sweet and wonderful and refreshing, etc. With my pastor's heart, I was greeting people and stayed talking with people until they all just about left. Then dinner at the house, though I rested and didn't play with my grandkiddies as is my M.O., and then we dressed up and went to the church annual Christmas banquet. Man, if you miss that event, you've really missed it. Beautiful decoratings--in fact, in three of our big buildings, the people decorate them like it's HGTV (decorating chanel). I just can't tell you how beautifully our church decorates our buildings. I'm sooooooooooooooooo proud of them for all their work, and I believe it glorifies God, because it's giving attention to Christ and His birth. Oh, man, God is so good.

So at the Christmas banquet we're interacting during the most luscious catered meal, and then Pastor Mike brings an entertainment package, and we all laugh our heads off, oh, and we do an interactive song about "Grandma's House" and we jump up and doing motions and laugh some more, and there are door prizes, and then Mike and the worship team lead us in carol singing, and the carols are so beautiful. And then just for a personal for Milton and me, Mike and the workship team a carol "Elvis" style, and what a hoot it is. He is a master impersonator. And then another request by Milton and me--a Johnny Cash number.

I know, I know, we have a great sense of fun. And Milton goes to the platform and delivers about a ten minute word from the Bible that is so upbuilding and powerful. And we shed a few tears and got joyful again. And he dismisses us and we hug everybody and chat and talk, and our spirits have sored.

Isn't God good?

But like I said, I overdid. In fact, I've done that the last two weekends. So we decided last night, that I will still go to church on Wed. night and Sunday morning ("I was glad when they said unto me, let us go unto the house of the Lord," the Bible says, and boy can I attest to that right now because it's my lifeline!), and I'll get someone to run me home each service right before Milton dismisses, so I can just recoup.

And God is in control, and He's going to help me! And I'm so grateful. Amen. And thank the Lord for laughing, fun events, for I've quoted it many times: "A merry heart does good like a medicine."

***

Disclaimer: forget about typoes. As a writer, they're my bain.

4 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Story and Logic Media Group said...

Kristy ~~ you are a treasure. You are helping God fill many of us with his Spirit. God is using you to cause a revival in many hearts.

Blessings

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kristy,
I am so happy to hear about you enjoying these special times with your church family. But I am glad to know you are also taking steps to save energy and care of yourself. That's wise. You are on my heart and mind each day, and often in my prayers. I woke up in the night and prayed for you, too.

It's so good to see you typing messages for your blog!

Sending love and prayers,
Carrie

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Maggie Brendan said...

Kristy, your posts are so energetic just like you! It brings tears to my eyes for you to write and encourage others, insteading of thinking only of yourself. What a precious jewel you are! I hope you tolerate the treatments well.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thanks for your wise advice, Carrie (conserving my strength). I DID overdo it that weekend, and with unpleasant medication side effects this week, it's been a little hard. But I'm doing better. Thank you for your advice and love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home