Saturday, December 08, 2007

Coats, Garments, Books, and Writings....









Dorcas had blessed so many with clothes who would have otherwise gone without. Every stitch was sewed with love. She had provided warmth and comfort with her beautiful coats....

But now Dorcas was ill...... in fact she had died.

Widows and those she had served stood by weeping as they held up the coats and garments which she had made. Simon Peter recognized the symbol of their significance. Her good works were remembered and offered as testimony to her value and continued need in their lives.

Then something extraordinary happened. Peter prayed and Dorcas came back from the dead. Her deeds were part of the motivation toward a miracle. (Read Acts 9:36-43)

The resulting impact of her being raised from the dead included the addition of many who believed on the Lord as well as the continuation of countless good works.

Somehow I can't believe that the Kingdom of God will be served best by Kristy's passing. Her life has touched people as a speaker, teacher, mentor, friend, role model, busy hands of helps, seamstress, and an initiator of good works.

She has had 650 + published articles or columns, nine published titles with one to come in the Spring, four novels completed to be published, several more novels in various stages, hundreds of blog posts, untold mentoring and encouragement to other writers, and dreams and visions for more stories to come.

So Today, this day, I hold Kristy's many writings, good deeds and works up (her coats and garments) as a testimony of her value for the Kingdom. I call on the God of heaven to take note and release a Miracle on Monday.

Her works will be remembered as reason for Her future and destiny.

Will you join with us on this Monday? I humbly ask you to please share this request with those who believe in the power of prayer.

A Miracle on Monday
3;30 PM, EST, Dec. 10,2007


How is Kristy?

She is progressing daily. We are noting progress in almost every area. Monday, radiation starts and chemotherapy is to follow so she needs to get as strong as possible before starting these treatments.

Thank you for praying for Kristy....for us.

I am blogging at her request.

Her Husband, Milton

(The above pictures are of some of her works of fiction, books she has helped write, files of published articles, and her office where she has worked to bless so many.)

12 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Maggie Brendan said...

Milton, I'm with you..I can't believe that the Kingdom of God would be best served with Kristy leaving us. Many will be storming the gates of Heaven in prayer for her Monday, asking God to completely heal her, if He sees best, and He does know what is best. Thank you for allowing us a glimpse into your suffering.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Lena Nelson Dooley said...

I pray for her every night, and I'll join with you in praying for the Monday procedure.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

I don't believe it either. I'm posting and I'll be praying on Monday.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Debby Mayne said...

I'm praying for you and Kristy everyday. I'll add her procedure to the prayers all day Monday. Thank you for keeping us informed so we can do this.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said...

Bro. Dykes and Kristy,
Our church had special, specific prayer this morning for both of you. We are agreeing with you in prayer for supernatural intervention on Monday. OUR GOD IS ABLE!
Know we love you,
Mike, Lisa, and MaryLisa Taylor

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

"Where two or three agree..." I think we have many in agreement, Milton. Tomorrow will find heaven being bombarded with the prayers of believers. The rest is up to God.

Praying....

Kind regards,
Dayle Shockley
AWSA member

P.S. Thanks for your generous comment about my blog site. Wish I had more time to devote to it.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger GloreyBHere said...

Tomorrow, Dec. 10 I hope to go to visit a man in the hospital who has had 30 radiation treatments and much chemo for an inoperable tumor behind his nose. His wife is in my small group. I will be anointing him with oil and praying/believing and asking God to touch him with his hand of healing. I think it is no accident that I came across your blog this pm. Maybe just to affirm, like so many others have, that He is present and He cares through the body of Christ. May God - the awesome God of the universe - the One who created each one of us uniquely - may He, in His grace and mercy touch your wife with His powerful and healing hand.
Jer 12:5 "If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in safe country,how will you manage in the thickets by the Jordan?
Dear Father in Heaven - I ask in Jesus' mighty name for You to touch Kristy and to bring healing to her body. As she races with the horses in this huge struggle, would You be her strength and her might. Protect her and bless her and pour out the oil of healing upon her life and her body. In Jesus' name, amen

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you tomorrow. May the Lord bless you and keep you in the hollow of His hand. You have been a blessing to us ever since your visits to West side Assembly of God in Terrys church in West Columbia. We are now attending his church at Trinity.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I've got it on my blog, Milton, and the prayer warriors at my chruch are praying, along with 3 book clubs I know of in my area. The entire Southeast zone of ACFW will be praying with y'all at 3:30 on Monday. I even have my pastor reading your blog posts.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Gail Gaymer Martin said...

Kristy -- You have been on my daily prayer list since I heard of your illness. You and your family are in our prayers that God chose life for you here on earth for a while longer until you best serve Him in heaven.

I can't tell you how sorry I am that you have to deal with this illness. We want to question God's purpose sometimes, but all we can do is trust that He has reasons. Please know that I send my love to you and your family. You will remain on my daily prayer list until we hear the good news of your healing.

Much love,
Gail

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Eddie Rivero said...

Hi Kristy,

Just to let you know that Maria and I are praying for you. May the Lord bless you and strengthen you. Please be assured that our church family is also praying for your complete recovery.

Blessings -
Eddie & Maria Rivero
Miami, Florida

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

You said, "Somehow I can't believe that the Kingdom of God will be served best by Kristy's passing." Amen!

Dear Lord, please glorify yourself, not with a victorious death, but a victorious miracle! You've done it before. Please do it again. Please give Kristy her "threescore and ten." Well, I didn't mean to rhyme, but I'm going to remember that one. Please, Lord, unless you have a different plan, we ask in faith because you said, "With His stripes, we are healed."

Habakkuk 3:2 NIV:
LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known....

Please heal Kristy in the mighty name of Jesus, and we'll give you all the praise and glory! Amen.

It's Monday, 2:30 CST...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home