Sunday, December 09, 2007

MORE GOOD TIMES




It's Kristy again, blogging! I'm now writing on a note pad AND on computer. Thank You, Jesus.
We had a marvelous church service today. I spoke before Milton preached, and I brought in my trademark humor. I do what Charles Dicksons does: I make them laugh, make them cry, and make them wait. And that's what we did -- at least the laughing and crying. God is so good!
***
I'm back, I'm back, I'M BACK - at least as often as I can. Between times, Milton carries on for me.
***
Actually, I'm writing both long hand and on the computer. It's hard to explain what's happening to me, but I'm so grateful for every little thing.
***
I'm taking more liberty and license in our pastoral ministry with Milton. This morning, Milton did a short greeting time for the people, and then the next segment was to introduce me to greeting me from the platform. But I kept walking around the sanctuary and hugging people as Milton stood in the pulpit, and I quickly went fromperson to person, and Miolton brought the cordless mike down to where I was and started laughing as I continued to greeting peole, and he tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Are you done?" and he laughed and I said, "No, but I will be," and we both started laughing, and then I followed him to the platform, and spoke to the people.
***
Isn't God good? I just can't say that enough!
***
We also had a wonderful time with our daughters and grands. I'll write more and show you how we decorated the yard on Saturday night and then caroled around the neighborhood. Course I had to go easy. I hate that word. I'm a go-getter if every there was one. I'm the Everready Bunny who doesn't quit, and I chase at having to pase myself. I can only be with my little ones for about an hour a day. In fact, I cried and cried Sat. night when they left. That is the only time since this all started that I've cried. I just love my grands, and, all kids, really. I've taught children church for years. Love my kiddies. Oh, to teach little ones about the love of God is glorious.
***
God bless you all. Sorry this is so long, but when you haven't written in weeks, you get preacher's itch!
***
Disclaimer: Excuse typos, please.

11 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Maggie Brendan said...

Kristy, I've just popped over to your blog to see what's up and to let you know that I've posted on my blog to pray on Monday at 3:30 for you! You look great in the pictures. Love you and still praying for healing.

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy, you're our wonderful daughter-in-law. You are an inspiration to all who know you.......enjoyed reading this blog. God is moving and working.........He knows exactly what He is doing. God answers prayer.

Love you,

Dad & Mom

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Hello, I am a new reader of your blog. I just wanted you to know I will be praying for you on Monday, and I also posted on my blog for everyone to pray for you. I just want you to know you are in my prayers everyday not just on Monday.
In Christian Love
Ginger

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Rambling On said...

Kristy, what a blessing to see you posting again! I'm grateful you've had a good weekend. I had to laugh at the visual of you walking all over the church and Milton following you with the cordless microphone. That was too cute.

I've posted about "mircale Monday" on both of my sites. I'm believing for just that.... a miracle Monday.

Hope you rest tonight.

Kind regards,
Dayle Shockley
AWSA member

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger inspired said...

just come over from jan Parrish. a pray has gone up \o/

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Kristy,
Because of a busy weekend I didn't get to check your blog much, but this morning I am overjoyed to see pics of you looking like yourself! What a joy that is.

Yesterday I was shown the passage from 2 Kings 20 when Hezekiah was told by God that he was about to die and to put his affairs in order. Hez. prayed to God asking the Lord to remember how he had been faithful, serving God single-mindedly, always doing what pleased the Lord. God sent him the message that He heard Hez's prayer, saw Hez's tears and promised that He would heal Hez. Of course, I immediately thought of you and prayed that scripture back to God on your behalf!

I will be praying this afternoon at the appointed time.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Leanna Ellis said...

So amazed at how well you are doing! Praying for healing today. God bless.

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing to see you posting again, Kristy! Yes, God is good! Thank you for posting the photos of you and your beautiful family. I love the story of you hugging everybody in church, and Milton following you around, asking if you're done. LOL You've got my prayers this afternoon. I also put the word out to my friends.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
Nancy

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Looking great in turquoise!!! Hugs and prayers.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger nannykim said...

Praying for you--I am so glad you had such a blessed day!!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

I love it! You look so beautiful. I'm praying for you today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home