Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Saddle Up Your Horses....





















The Lord has given some unusual verses to encourage and comfort in this trial of Kristy's health. His Word is alive and speaks to every situation.

When I was a boy I loved going to Uncle Cecil's and Aunt Hazel's country farm in Birmingham, AL. They had a pony and just to get on it a few moments was a boy's dream. My sister, Tricia, has a beautiful country home in Leesburg, FL, and a few months back I rode her Argentine thoroughbred, Gonzo. He is a beautiful and well trained horse. What fun!!!

But horses are used for other things than fun.

Horses in some parts of the world are yet used for war and battle. In ancient days they were the primary force in fighting and defeating foes.

Recently, I was reading Proverbs and this verse leaped off the page.

"The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord." Prov. 21:31

Notice the words "made ready". The victory rests with the Lord, but....the horse "is" made ready.

There are some things we must do. The horse must be trained, fed, groomed, saddled, exercised, and made ready. There are some things that must be done to prepare to meet our foe. Yes, victory comes from the Lord, but we do what we can, when we can, with all that we can. We have a a definite part/role in the battle of life.

Then the victory rests with the Lord.

Kristy has done this with her writing. She has studied, written and rewritten over and over again. She has been critiqued beyond what you would imagine. She has read arm loads of books month after month, year after year. She went back to school and graduated with honors in getting a journalism and communications degree. We have traveled across America to pursue every angle of preparation. Day after day and night after night for years she has made herself ready. I have marveled at her focused, relentless persistence to turn every stone over to fulfill her destiny.

She has prepared a mighty and majestic horse for the day of battle in the journalistic arena....and then has rested the victory into His hands.

Now, we are readying a horse for another battle. The battle is for her life. She has been told straightforwardly that she will not live long without supernatural intervention. So the horse is being readied again for an even higher purpose.

We are praying, fasting, standing in agreement, calling on the elders, beseeching the Body of Christ for prayer, quoting the Word, confessing any besetting sins, prophetically proclaiming His promised Word, offering praise to a mighty God, humbling ourselves before His greatness. We stand in His grace and call His mercy.

We have sought the best medical care possible. We have prayed for her doctors and nurses. We have paid close attention to every health care decision.

We have laughed a lot for a merry heart is a source of medicine, and focused to make sure our attitudes were faith-filled.

The horse is being made ready in Kristy's battle....but the victory rests with the Lord.

Do you have a horse that needs to be made ready? Are you in a battle, maybe not for life or death, but a battle of consequence, then saddled up your horses. I suggest you get your horses ready. Don't be negligent, lazy, or shortsighted. Do your part and then turn it over to Him. He is our victory.


How Is Kristy?

Didn't she look great Sunday? She is progressing some each day--two steps forward and a half a step backward. She is so cute when she realizes she isn't thinking straight. She points at something or we play charades for a brief moment and then we chuckle.

We laugh at her blank moments......just to give the Devil a black eye.She walks through our home offering praise to our mighty God. You can feel His presence so strong here. God is good.

Her appintment for the mask went well. I will share pictures tomorrow.

Thank you for your continued prayers for they are working.

Keep praying for Kristy....for us.

Her Husband Blogging at Her Request, Milton

PS. I really hate long blogs. I try to shortened my thoughts, but.....
All the pictures are from our families thanksgiving gathering in Leesburg, FL, at Tricia and Rick's home except the one of me which was taken some months back. Doesn't Joshua look cute on that tiny pony? (Sorry Josh) and what about those two nieces, Abbye and Stephanie on that rocking horse? My grandson on that big horse looks ready to go.

15 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't even think of shortening your thoughts--your blog has become a mid-day praise point for me. I'll continue to pray for Kristy and you.

Love ya,
Patty Smith Hall

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I come here every day - sometimes more often - to read and be encouraged and challenged in my faith. I cannot begin to imagine the journey you two are on, but God is using every word, every thought that you share to bring hope, strength, joy and encouragement to untold numbers of people.

I am blessed to be one of them. Know that you are in my prayers.

Kim

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

I hope this doesn't show up three times, as these are wont to do.

Love the photos! I used to drive back and forth through Leesburg from Orlando to Gator Country. Once I took the bus home from college at Thanksgiving, got out at the Leesburg station to stretch, and bought a copy of a James Thurber book of short stories, _My Life and Hard Times_. Reading "The Night the Bed Fell," I got the giggles to the point of tears--I was exhausted, anyway, because of exams. The busdriver kept watching me in the mirror. Of course, this only made me laugh harder.

Anyway, beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing them.

And for sharing all the lovely thoughts, long or short, that you have about our Christ and our Kristy.

Praying, praying, "With His stripes, we are healed."

Hugs and blessings~

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Like Kim I check in here at least once a day. I really appreciate your long and thoughtful posts! Still praying for all of you.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Love the pics of the horses. They are beautiful animals. Love hearing that Kristy is having yet more good days and that the masking went well. Praying for God's Divine intervention.

I check in here at least once a day now for updates and to be uplifted. Don't stop writing! I'm with Kristy, Milton. Blog away!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Don't shorten your thoughts, Milton. I'm enjoying your posts as much as Kristy's. The two of you are an encouragement. There are so many the two of you are reaching through this trial. To God be the glory as we pray and believe Him for a miracle.

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for divine healing. How wonderful to know you're laughing together! All the glory to our God! And Milton, what's this about making these blogs shorter?! If you do that, we're all going to tell on you when Kristy gets back to blogging!!!
Much love,
Nancy

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, your Aunt Amorette Reece in Brewton, AL, has come to know more about who you are from your blogs. Today she spoke highly complimentary of you......made your Mother and I feel very proud of you.......all over again. You and Kristy are wonderful 'children' and we love you dearly. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Keep up the good work and as you heard me say many times as you grew up, 'keep your nose clean if it takes both cuffs'.

Dad

 
At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every morning when Chrissy & I wake up, the first thing we do with great anticipation is come here to read the inspiring words that I know must encourage & strengthen everyone who is following your journey.We are so proud of both of you and we are honored to be a part of your spiritual family.

The Lord goes before us.
Jesus is in us.
The angels of the Lord encamp around us.
Underneath us is the everlasting arms of God and goodness & mercy shall follow us all the days of our lives.

Jack & Chris

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Lindi said...

I read this blog daily. The faith in our Lord oozes from this blog. We are all praying for divine healing. Your posts are precious to me. This is truly the love of our Lord coming through your words. You are giving of yourself and your family in this time of need for yourself and your family. How else could we describe God's love for us?
You are living it out. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to the Tuesday Tuneup by Larry Leech--we were connected with your blog and Kristy's awesome story.

Our hearts are joined across the miles through our precious Lord--and we lift our prayers for Kristy.

From the chilly Rocky Mountains,

Bobbe Brooks

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Rambling On said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kristy and Milton,
It was a blessing to read all you have done and continue to do daily to live out your faith as you walk through this valley. It made me smile to think of Kristy walking through the house praising the Lord. All your years of faithful obedience have given you the strength you need today.

We continue to pray for you daily, asking God to lift your hearts, give you comfort and encouragement, and heal Kristy completely.

Thanks for blogging. I check in daily, too, and your words always lift me up and help me focus my prayers.

Sending love and prayers,
Carrie

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Lena Nelson Dooley said...

With all the physical therapy, etc., I'm going through, I don't read the blog every day, but I have just caught up on the last several posts.

Milton and Kristy, you are in my prayers daily. Your blogging is such an inspiration.

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad a christian co-worker shared your blog site with me. I am going through similar pain having a daughter recently diagnosed with a brain tumor that has not been named to date. We have not been handed the harsh sentence that you have, yet your whole family has set forth together to win this battle. Your blogs encourage me and help keep me focused in prayer. I believe in miracles, having experienced a couple already in our family. I pray it is his will that Kristy receive such a blessing. Her strength and courage are touching lives she doesn't even know about.

Thanks for sharing your lives with us.
SS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home