Wednesday, December 12, 2007

MY INCUBATOR

Don't you just love that classic hymn--It Is Well With My Soul? That sums up how I feel. I'm so happy in the Lord. And I want everybody to feel that way, especially because I'm a pastor's wife leading a congregation who is concerned about and loves her parishioners.

It is well, it is well, with my soul.

On the Wednesday evening I got my diagnosis, as I've told you, we drove straight to church. I wanted to tell our congregation what we'd just learned, I wanted to comfort them, I wanted them to confort ME, and I wanted them to pray.

As they all gathered around me, a pastor in our church asked to tell me "a word from the Lord," and he gave me 2 Kings 4:23, and then he said, "It is well with my soul."

And then he said he "saw" an incubator. "You are covered by the Lord," he said. "His presence will be over you to protect you."

And you know what? That's exactly what happened. His presence has protected me from all of these medical procedures and complications. And He's going to continue do this.

An incubator? As a pastor's wife, I've been in some NICUs (neonatal intensive care units), and prayed for young parents and their neighborns. An incubator protects. It sustains. It delivers needed things (like the special lights and heat). And more. I've also been on farms and seen incubators.

The Lord is my incubator!

***

P.S. That Wednesday night, several in our congregation shared "words from the Lord" with me that were like manna from heaven. It's a marvelous thing when a person can "hear" a sweet word from the Lord and share it with someone.

Perhaps I'll write about some others soon. We have a personal God WHO CARES ABOUT US, NO MATTER WHERE WE ARE IN OUR LIFE!

5 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Praying for you all!

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy, you and your family are in my prayers daily. Thank you for being a light in this dark world.

Love in Christ,

Lisa

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thank you for your prayers and love. I feel them so strongly. God is so good!

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Word from the Lord. We truly are being held by Him and His wonderful grace. Like an incubator keeping all the circumstances and the environment perfect for the growth of the one held in its' confines. What happens there is growth under the most ideal circumstances, no matter what is transpiring and going on on the outside, there is perfect peace, and growth in that tiny place set aside for you. New life to bring, hatching a miracle for you. Terry brought a wonderful message Sunday, as always, and He told us about this blog. I am sure thankfl he did. It has been a blessing reading you and Miltons' and Jennifers posts. We are praying for you in South Caroling. Take care, your Brother in Christ our Magnificent Lord! tom

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy,
What an encouraging message! You are in my prayers, and I'm believing with you for a healing miracle in your body. To God be the glory!!

Love, Mary Jo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home