Friday, January 04, 2008

A WEDDING BY THE WATER








As a minister, Milton is privileged to officiate at weddings. This beautiful wedding was on the water, and the bride is Adrienne, my cousin Jeri's daughter. The top picture shows Adrienne with her father, Rick.






The details were spectacular. White skirted tables and fancy bows on each chair. The formal aisle runner. A sumptuous dinner buffet. A beautiful wedding cake. A swimming goldfish on each table! Dancing on the lush lawn afterward (and I was in the middle of it!). And best of all, a gorgeous bride, a handsome groom, and an attractive wedding party.









***






Jeri, my cousin, sent me this note:






Next to my mother, I believe the most influential person in my life as a little girl and pre-teen was you, Kristy. When Milton says you have a true love to minister to children, I can attest first hand as a recipient. Although you are not much older than me, dear cuz, you stand out in my mind as if you were my "big sister." Taking me to the youth outings, I was so lucky to be able to participate in these things before any of my other friends... The time you made my posters when I was running for Student Council, and also the time you took my sister and me on a date with you and Milton. This was the first time I had ever had on a pair of ice skates. These, of course, are just a few of the memories I have. I love you, Kristy, and just wanted others to hear from a first hand recipient of your love for children...
Your cuz, Jeri


***


Sweet cuz, Jeri, you made me tear up! Love you.







3 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Kay Day said...

What a beautiful wedding.
My cousin and I had a similar relationship. She was 15 years older than I. She was my teacher, literally, for a while. My very first date when I was almost sixteen was a double date with her and her fiance, (one e, or two?). She was one of my best friends.
So, I can completely understand how Jeri feels about you.
Her son just got married last weekend. But she watched from Heaven.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

A lovely bride and groom. What fun memories you must have of all those weddings. And I'll bet you have a host of funny stories. :o)

But that note from your cousin is precious - a treasure.

Praying as always.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

I'm glad my post made me think of your cousin, Kay. Love those memories, do't you?

Yes, Ane, I have lots of funny stories. And lots from church life. The other day, for the long wait at the radiation treatment center, I grabbed a church humor book to read, entitled "Let Us Continue To Hold Sister Smith's Leg Up In Prayer," and the cover graphic shows a collared clerygman holding a parishioner's leg straight up. Haha.

I sat in the waiting room and laughed out loud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home