Saturday, January 05, 2008

HUGGING IN THE HALLWAYS




Milton finds me wherever I am--a darkened hallway as I'm passing through, the kitchen, the family room, in public places, and sweeps me in his arms and kisses me.




"I love you so much," he whispers.




"I love you, too," I tell him.




Since my GBM brain cancer diagnosis in early November followed by surgery and now daily radiation treatments, we're enjoying a sweetness like we've never known.




It's always been a good marriage, a committed marriage, despite the rocky places. Rocky places, you may ask? All marriages have rocky places, where couples have to work things out. Examples are: strong personality differences, differences in hobbies and ways of thinking and how each one THINKS the other should DO and THINK and FEEL and BE. My opinion of marriage is, COMPROMISE is the name of the game, along with ACCEPTANCE.


***


My writer friend Bonnie sent this email: "Your situation, as well as Milton's and your blog posts, have drawn people closer to the Lord, even closer in their marriages."


4 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Lindi said...

Your writer friend Bonnie is right.
Praying for you and your family.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Still praying! Keep hugging!

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy,
Glad you and Milton are sharing such sweet times together. It reminds me of my special verse for 2008:

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." Ephesians 5: 1-2

You and Milton have lived a life of love...and it is a like a fragrant offering to God. : )

Love and prayers,
Carrie

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Carrie, what beautiful words: "You and MIlton have lived a life of love...and it is like a fragrant offering to God."

Thank you!

I want Milton to read this. Maybe it'll spark a romantic post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home