Friday, July 11, 2008

LET EVERYBODY SING!!!

Milton, here for Kristy:

Kristy heard music coming from her piano in the living room Thursday morning and asked the nurse, "Who is that playing the piano?"

"It's Norma," Donna Jo said.

"No that can't be," Kristy replied. "Go see who it is."

Donna Jo returned and told, "It's Norma playing."

In a moment Norma came into Kristy's bedroom and asked, "Did you like my playing?"

"Oh, yes," Kristy said. "I needed that." She could hear the music flowing into her room and it cheered her spirits. Kristy loved to sit at her piano and play. She often would play a song or two just before we would leave the house to go to some appointment.

Norma told her when I returned from the church that we would take her into the living room and she would play more. Later I came home and went immediately to check on Kristy not knowing what had happened earlier and asked Kristy if she would like to go into the family room. She was ready to go. After eating lunch together we moved her into the living room and Norma played and we sang together.

Doesn't music have a special way of lifting your spirits. Kristy loved being with us and we were all blessed. God is good!

Over and over we have been amazed at Kristy and how God has helped her. She has a faith that faces the facts and then still trusts in God. Wow! We all need to learn that lesson.

Watch the video below. No, we not quiting our day jobs to get a bus and go on the road, but we do fulfill the Biblical standard of making a joyful noise unto the Lord. God is faithful. Over two months ago Kristy was in a hospice center and not expected to return home. Thursday we enjoyed singing praises to God together. God is good all the time. All the time, God is good.



(Double click on the arrow above.)

10 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God, Kristy you sing so beautiful sister,sent chills thru me :). and Norma beautiful piano playing. And Pastor Milton I have to say you did a good job also, seems like Pastor's do have a voice to sing and not just preach . Thank God Kristy is up and singing and being surrounded with loved ones.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Beautiful singing and piano playing. God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing. C. S. Lewis

Faith and trust in the Lord bring you sweet peace and Kristy has it.

God is good. She's in good spirits and still singing, home from hospice when she was never expected to be. God does work miracles, even today. Keep the faith and praise God in everything. I continue to pray for Kristy and the rest of the family.

God bless you all.

Barb

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

It's a blessing just to see our trapeze artist sitting up and joining in. As we all know, that's a miracle in itself - I'm just so happy for everyone that you get to have these times of rejoicing in the midst of the trials. God IS good. With Him good is a noun, it is what He is. Sometimes that's more than I can wrap my mind around since it's so far from what even the best of us humans on earth are. I'm going to get off the rabbit trail and just say that it's obvious that Daddy is loving His daughter Kristy through this, and also carrying you other kids too.
Blessings,

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton and Kristy....
Loved the video this morning!
I just have to share with you two about my grandson, Joshua, who is "in love" with all of you! He just recently turned 3, and usually he's close by when I'm viewing your blog. He ALWAYS wants to go back and see Mrs. Kristy singing "Ha Ha, He He", then the next thing he wants to see is "baby Lorenzo" - so, we have a ritual we go through, OVER AND OVER AND OVER..... Joshy goes around singing "Ha Ha, He He" all the time, and since it isn't one of our normal little Children's Church songs here, everyone has asked where he learned it and it's ....."Mrs. Kristy sings it!" So, thank you for being a LIGHT for my grandson, as well as soooooo many others' who share your daily journey.

WE LOVE YOU!
Cathy and Joshua (TN)

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Mary Connealy said...

Listening to KLOVE's contemporary Christian music brings worship along with me where ever I go.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Hi Friends,
It was great to hear you all singing today. I am thanking the Lord that Kristy was able to be out there enjoy the music with you. What a gift.

Love and prayers from,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw Kristy's face (right up against the screen), I reached up and touched it and said a prayer for her. Tell her that even though I'm not there in person, I just laid hands on her via my monitor. :-)

God bless you all.

((((((((((Kristy & Milton))))))))))

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

What a lovely blessing for our day! Thank you. :)

I did like Deborah, touched the screen and prayed a blessing on you all.

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy & Milton, Norma too,

I sure did need to see your blog tonight. It's been one of those days, but I saw Kristy's big smile, heard the beautiful praise music, and I found myself wearing a great big smile, too.

I pray for Kristy's healing. How wonderful to see Kristy out of bed, sitting up, and singing! God is good ALL the time!!! Thank you for continuing to share your beautiful love story with all of us!

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Rambling On said...

Music.... it feeds my soul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home