Thursday, July 10, 2008

VANITY. VANITY. IS ALL VANITY?

Milton, here for Kristy:

Wednesday was a better day for Kristy. She wanted to go into the family room and so we put her in the flying trapeze and onto her wheelchair and off we go. It was a change of scenery and a morale booster.

I read more of her beautiful cards that have come from all over America. She loves hearing from dear friends that they are praying for her and for us. Every card has been a comfort and faith builder for us.
***

Kristy motioned with her index finger bending it to note she wanted Norma to come to her from across the bedroom.

As Norma approached Kristy asked, "Have I ever asked you if you think I am beautiful?"

Norma responded, "Would you like a handsome man to tell you the answer."

"That would be nice," Kristy said.

"I'll see if we have someone to tell you," Norma told her as she left the room.

Norma finds me and repeats, "Kristy needs a handsome man to tell her if she is beautiful. Let's see if you qualify."

Well, being the holy, humble, salt of the earth kind of servant that I am, I volunteered for the handsome man job.

We walked to Kristy's bedside and Norma said, "Will this man do?"

Kristy looks up with the biggest smile and said, "Ooooh yes. He will do just fine."

I told her you are beautiful and gorgeous and have the smoothest skin and most radiant smile and have the prettiest red hair in the world.

We all had a great laugh and felt good.

VANITY can be fun. Everyone needs to be told they look good and are special. It helps life go better.

9 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Hi Friends,
What a joy to see you and Kristy in the photo today. She is indeed very beautiful, glowing with an inner beauty that never fades. It brought tears to my eyes.

It is a beautiful day here in NJ. On my walk I listened to this song by Aaron Shust and prayed for you all. Here are some of the words:

You Watch Over Me

You watch over me in the darkest valleys
You watch over me when the night seems long
You help me to see the way before me
You watch over me; You watch over me
Always faithful
To be leading, at this moment
Interceding for Your children
Though I’ve wandered astray from Your infinite ways
You’ve never left me alone
Take my frozen heart; awaken me
Never once have You forsaken me
Even though I walk through this shadow of death
You will guide and defend me
You’ll guard and protect me
Even though I walk through this shadow of death
You will lead me home

Sending love and prayers from,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

I continue to be totally amazed at Kristy's rallies and how she keeps fighting this disease. I know she is currently very ill, but it is still amazing. I am soooo glad that everyone has recovered and Kristy did not get sick. As always, I am praying. Sometimes in the middle of the night, God will wake me and I will pray for a few minutes, and I know he does that with others too. May
Daddy God hold each of you in His arms today, and grant you peace. Amen.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

Please tell Kristy that anyone with eyes can see how beautiful she is!!!!!! I am so glad she is wanting to move around , what a fighter!!

Teresa from AL

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

I am amazed at how beautiful Kristy looks even with all her struggles. The type of beauty she possesses never fades, for she is beautiful from the inside out.

I'm glad to see her enjoying her cards and getting to move about. Great picture of the two of you sharing quality time together.

Barb

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Lauralee Bliss said...

And Kristy looks so pretty in pink. Love the pink sheets and the pink gown. :)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Andi said...

I am glad that you told her all of this. Usually when a woman asks this she needs the Husband to say something special. :-)

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To look at that beautiful redhead on those pink sheets, you had an easy task to tell Kristy that she is beautiful. The Peace of God is all over Kristy.
A few years ago, I went through a treatment for a disease that left me with 50% of my hair, I lost 35 lbs. and spent hours on the couch. Every night, my husband would tell me how beautiful I was. You know what? I believed that he really saw me as beautiful no matter what I felt like. Now I can see that same beauty in Kristy. True beauty shines no matter what.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Kristy is beautiful inside and outside. Her sunny disposition shines in her words, too.

Even more, her encouragement to other writers is a crown of shiny gold.

As always, I pray for you all.

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bro Milton & Precious Kristy,
Our prayers continue foryou & your family. Yes, Dear Kristy! You are so beautiful. Your sparkling eyes,lovely smile, & gracious spirit are badly needed in this world & by those who love you! I would love to come by & pray with you all, bring a meal, or help in any way. God bless you! (252-7692)
Love & prayers, Sylvia Thomas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home