Thursday, July 03, 2008

OUR CHRISTIAN LOVE STORY

Milton, here for Kristy:

The header for Kristy's blog tells everything about our marriage. It has been a christian love story. Christ has been the centerpiece of everything. We both accepted Jesus as our Savior as very young children and have tried to honor Him all our lives. Neither of us are perfect by a long shot, but our goal has been to put Christ first. Jesus has and is the difference maker in our home.

Kristy oozes romantic dreams. This is her passion and heart. Does every woman have these feelings? I am more factual, boring, systematic, but she has changed me. Thank God I didn't make her boring.

Our marriage has been filled with fun, wonderful stories, deep commitment, and continued growth. This blog could never hold all that could be told. We have been blessed.

As I have read her novels, every so often I would catch a phrase or a scene that was a reflection of our lives together.

Sometimes it was something as simple as me telling her how much I loved her hands. A few years back the Lord opened my eyes to the power and ministry found in her hands. I would look at them and hold them and express how beautiful they were to me. One day she told me she included that in a story.

At others times she would pull out a notepad after I had done something or said something or given her a look of love. She would write it down or pull out the recorder she always kept with her and make a brief reminder of what had just occured. Then I would read it later.

She has been jealous for me. She didn't have the green-eyed monster kind of jealousy, but the godly jealousy that He has toward us. I am hers and she is mine. We are bound together with a sacred love that has been committed beyond the fleshly feelings that we all have.

Wednesday afternoon I kissed her and asked, "Do you like my kisses?" I wondered if I was becoming a physical nuisance in her illness.

She looked at me clearly and quickly and said, "I've always loved your kisses."

Oh, that made the day.

She is very ill. This is terrible beyond words. Yet, the holiness and purity of Christ's love overshadows all.

Our christian love story isn't completed nor have we covered all that has happened.

***
How is Kristy?

She is a spunky fighter. Over and over she has amazed us as she has rallied, but she is getting weaker. She isn't recovering to where she has been. Wednesday morning she ate and whispered her love.

Thank you for your prayers for her and for us.

19 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

What a blessing that she is surrounded by God's love through her loving husband and family.

Praying, praying.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger SRI said...

Praying for all of you

Lee
Australia

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Tracy Ruckman said...

I'm so sorry, Milton. We continue to pray for you all. May God move mightily.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Ava Tanner said...

When I read your words I could feel your love for her flowing. What a truly wonderful love the Lord has blessed you with. It is beautiful that you have shared it with so many. Maybe someone can see how shortsighted they have come in their relationship and look past their spouses' faults, to just look at what beauty God has blessed them with.

Continuing to pray for your family.

Dave and Ava Tanner

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Leanna Ellis said...

Still praying for y'all. I have referred many people dealing with difficult illnesses or different types of cancer to your site and they've been blessed by it. Praying for God's peace to continue to cover you.

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a true and Godly love story, oh that the whole world could see!!! I am praying for you all!!

Teresa from AL

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Dykes,
Your continued faith in God is amazing during this trying time. I pray for you and yours daily. I find that I can't wait to read your blog daily to see if a miracle has happened. In spite of everything, you guys have always praised God and have never ceased in your faith. God bless you and Kristy. You are truly an inspiration to me. Thank you.
Cheryl

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, I hear your heart. I am praying in both your behalves. A spunky fighter, she is, and you her valiant hero.

Cathy, in Tennessee

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

I'm certain that the veil is getting thinner and thinner for Kristy and she is seeing more of glory. It must be so hard to watch when all you want to do is protect and help Kristy. I pray for continued peace for you all, supernatural peace, above and beyond what you can comprehend. Most of all I pray that Jesus would heal Kristy, but if that is not going to happen on this side of the veil, then I pray that he would ease her suffering.
I pray that Daddy God would hold you all in his arms right now and that he would continue to be your strength.
And thank you Milton for continuing to model how a Christ-like husband responds in adversity. Yes, I know that you love Kristy and would never desert her, but your adoration of your wife is a testimony to us all of how Jesus loves us.
I pray that Julie is feeling better and will soon be able to return.
Blessings,

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Jennifer Johnson said...

I'm praying for you all.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Loving Our Homeschool said...

Praying for all of you,
Heather

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace. Comfort. Confidence. Love. Compassion. Tender mercy.

These I pray for you.
God bless you. I hurt for you both.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger SweetAnnee said...

Praying praying
May He lift you up on eagles wings!!

love in Him
deena

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me, too. I check Kristy's blog several times a day, waiting for a miracle. As much as I know that nothing on earth can compare to one second with Jesus in heaven, you have such a beautiful love story, Milton & Kristy, and I don't want you to have to spend even one day apart from each other. You've been so generous to share your beautiful love story with all of us. Our hearts and prayers are with you.

Love,
Nancy & family

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me, too. I check Kristy's blog several times a day, waiting for a miracle. As much as I know that nothing on earth can compare to one second with Jesus in heaven, you have such a beautiful love story, Milton & Kristy, and I don't want you to have to spend even one day apart from each other. You've been so generous to share your beautiful love story with all of us. Our hearts and prayers are with you.

Love,
Nancy & family

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger nanatrish said...

You two have such a beautiful love story. Thank you for being such a solid example for us. What a wonderful, sweet, tender love. You are both so blessed. I am still praying for a miracle, too.

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for Kristy and all of you. Thank you for sharing your precious memories with us.
Trusting in Him, Patti in
Georgia
1 Peter 5:7

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Suprina said...

You both are such an inspiration to me. You remind me to be more grateful for blessings great and small, less argumentive with my hubby, more forgiving of those who'd done me wrong. In short, more aware of how and on what I spend my precious time on this earth. Thanks for giving us all a glimpse into your lives...into your love.

My prayers are with you both.

Suprina

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

What comfort you must be to Kristy in her time of need. Your Christian love story is never ending. God has used the both of you to write for Him.

God bless you and your family. I'm still praying.

Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home