Sunday, July 06, 2008

SHE IS MORE THAN SUNSHINE

Milton, here for Kristy:

We're open for business again.

Saturday and Sunday I was too sick to get out of bed with fever, chills, aches, and an upset stomach. I was in a bedroom on one of the the house and Kristy was on the other end in our master bedroom. Saturday was the first day in her sickness that I haven't been able to hold her hand or be close. It was just to risky as sick as I have been.

One and a half days in bed with aches and pains for me seemed like an eternity, but Kristy has been bedridden for weeks. Her spirit has stayed up and she still has her spunk. It is hard to comprehend all she has faced.

Friday night we went to see the fireworks and Tricia stayed with Kristy. When we returned Tricia said that Kristy wasn't happy about being left behind. Kristy looked around the room with everyone gone but Tricia and said to her, "I need a grown woman to stay with me."

Ha! Tricia is fifty, though she looks like a young girl to me and I guess to Kristy too.

Tricia returned to her home Saturday evening and Norma is here now along with Julie, Jennifer and the grands. We have a house full. Tricia and all of my family have carried us and loved us. We have been blessed by so many even when walking through the valley of the shadow of death.

Julie is feeling better, but had a scare with some tests that initially didn't look good. Now she seems to be doing great.

Jennifer is battling strep throat. She has been sick for two weeks and has been to the doctor three times for it. Now she has a reaction to the meds. She needs prayer.

Our daughters and grands along with Stephanie went to the zoo, zoo, zoo on Saturday and left our place with peace and quite.

Sunday I was still too sick to be around anyone so I wasn't able to go to church. Julie took the kids to church and they all spent the afternoon at a local park we all have enjoyed in times past. Kristy loved going there to ride bikes, walk the beach, and camp with our friends.

Before they left for the park, the kids were singing, "You Are My Sunshine, My Only Sunshine".

One of the kids said, "Nana is our sunshine."

Another said, "No, she is the whole sky."

***

How is Kristy?

She is doing amazingly well. This past Saturday a week ago, one of the hospice nurses said she wouldn't be surprised if Kristy passed in a day or so but would be very surprised if she would need hospice in a week. She keeps on rallying and we are trusting in One who is able to restore her completely. Today she is active and wants to get out of bed. Maybe later today or tomorrow we can make that happen.

I am much better, but still not getting too close to anyone. Norma said that if I gave Kristy what I had she would lock me in the room with Kristy all by myself. That wouldn't be good for Kristy or me.

9 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Hi Milton,

Glad you are well enough to write to us and be up and around the house. Kristy continues to amaze us. I am thankful she has family and friends to care for her as well and those wonderful hospice nurses.

I will pray for Jennifer and pray all the grandkids stay well. Glad Julie is doing better.

Thanks for keeping us updated. We continue to pray and ask the Lord to give you a full measure of grace and strength for each day.

Love and prayers from,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

You've been in my prayers this weekend. I'm glad Julie is going to be OK... and praying for Jennifer. Strep is no fun.

It's great that Kristy wants to get out of bed. Sunshine would probably do her a world of good.

As always, Kristy remains in my prayers. My faith has remained high for her healing. God is more than able.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Glad you're feeling better, and Kristy and God proved Hospice wrong. Praying for all of you to get well and remain healthy to see Kristy through.

Blessings,
Barb

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

Standing on the promises and in agreement with all your prayers. Sending hugs and blessings your way~

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA!!!! Take that satan. You thought you had won but once again, God has come through Victorious and Kristi is still kicking. She is a ray of sunshine that shines all the way here in Cincinnati, Ohio every time I get on this computer and come to your site. It doesn't matter if it's raining or not. It's always sunny and bright. Even while walking through the valley you are still shining. Kristi we love you and praying that you will be 100% healed and that you can stomp that ol devil yourself. What a testimony for non believers to see someone so close to death and now wanting to go out. Praise God. So happy for you guys.

Glad to hear your feeling better Milton. Praying for Julie and Jennifer as well as the grands.

Keep Shining

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Mary Connealy said...

Glad you're mending. God bless you all.

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton & Kristy, I am amazed daily as I read your blog. God is so faithful. I read with interest the comment made about the Hillsong The Healer song. The story behind it is indeed amazing. Went to youtube & pulled it up & read the story. We sing that song quite often at our church. This man is amazing as he trusts in God just as you & Kristy are doing. If you get a chance, go on & listen to his story & the song. Still praying & believing with you.

Clara (Franklin) Oxendine (class of '71 at Southeastern)

 
At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to give Jennifer a heads up on strep throat. I had a friend who kept struggling with bouts of strep throat and finally an emergency room doctor gave her a tetanus shot and she stopped getting strep throat. I don't know if this is what Jennifer needs, but she could ask her doctor.

Always praying for you all.

In Christ,
Evonne
Chico CA

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be Amazing Grace if Kristy could, like the song says, "Rise and be healed in the Name of Jesus", Everyone on the Blog & Kristy's Family & friends would have to all gather together in one place & praise the Lord. What a testamony & reunion that would be. Maybe we could all gather at the River (The St Johns)... Father, please heal her.

Thinking of & praying for all of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home