Saturday, July 05, 2008

OUR ROMANTIC CHRISTIAN LOVE STORY

Milton, here for Kristy:

Kristy had a good day on the 4th. She has always made this a special day with celebration, but yesterday she relaxed and enjoyed some of the food.

I have been very sick in the night with chills, fever, aching, and upset stomach. We both need your prayers today.

***

Friday I asked Kristy if she loved me?

She whispered strongly, "You better believe it!"

Of course I knew the answer, but I just wanted to hear her express it.

If you go back in her blog, you will blush when you read about her "fireworks". Kristy got rather bold in expressing her feelings about romantic love. Too many christians have prudishly allowed the world to define romanticism. Christians have often yielded to a carnal, fleshly model to be held as the standard, and Kristy just couldn't stand it. This has been part of her passion in writing. She longed to fill hearts with tender, sweet romance that God intended.

When we did marriage seminars, the ladies always came out of Kristy's private sessions with a twinkle in their eyes and a smile.

The next day the men always returned to the seminars with a twinkle in their eyes and a smile on their faces. To be honest about it, she always kept a smile on my face so I knew what she was teaching the ladies. She taught them Biblical principles of love that were fulfilled in the sacred bed of marriage.

Romance is more than giving flowers, diamonds, sweet cards, a dinner at a fancy restaurant, or a vacation get-away. Romance goes beyond the physical, sexual union of a man and woman.

Romance is a dancing of hearts, a blending of spirits, a rapturous glow, a sharing of dreams.

It is giving and forgiving.

It is sacrificial and self-denial.

It is a smile that says come to me.

Romance is a long look across the room filled with people and seeing only the one you love.

It is a naked transparency with no shame.

It is knowing and then doing.

Romance is popcorn, a good movie, and a warm fireplace.

It is riding bikes or taking long walks holding hands.

It is lov'n music in motion.

It is refusal to belittle, be unkind, or betray.

Romance is visiting old, historic churches and kneeling together.

It is not knowing, but finding out and then doing.

Romance is caring and listening.

It is waiting, watching, and wanting.

It is time. It is talk. It is tenderness.

Romance is a sweetness that will not die.

It is a commitment that will not break.

It is bowing before your marriage bed your first night together and asking for His love to fill your lives.

It is two hearts with one love.

***

Friday night we went down to see the city fireworks display. As I drove the grands and my two daughters, my mind went back to the trips Kristy and I had made downtown for past fireworks. She wanted to go this time and asked to go. It was hard leaving her and I didn't want to go, but the girls begged me and they needed me.

I watched the fireworks explode into the night. All the colors were brightly filling the darkness. They reflected off the tall buildings and danced in our eyes. My mind went to the last time Kristy and I were watching them together. The fireworks ended with a bang and a big kiss.

Kristy's fireworks were the best show of the night.

16 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Memories are made of this. :) Remember that old song? Sweet memories. Give Kristy a hug for me and tell her I'm praying for you all. I'm praying your whatever-it-is will pass quickly, Milton.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

And God created sparks. : )

May His Holy Spirit burn out those germs in you.

(((BIG HUGS))) to you both.

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyday I read the updates. Pray. Listen to the sometimes hard words written in pain. All I can really say is Thank You both for your valiant humility as you walk through this journey of suffering with Jesus. Praying for you.

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, your poetic, heartfelt writing speaks to us all of the deep, undying love you have for your dear, sweet Kristy. The words flow, as you describe the love between the two of you. God created love, even the fireworks between you as husband and wife. What a display of devotion, what magnitude with which you speak. God has allowed "your story" to be shared with millions. Milton, I thank you. I'm in awe, at how both you and Kristy have been blessed with your writing abilities. Your speaking is though she is speaking through you.
You're right, exactly right - two hearts, one love. Wow!

Praying for both of you, hope your "bug" goes on a trip - and without you!

Blessings,
Cathy

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check in every morning and when there wasn't a post I became very concerned and prayed for you all. So glad she had a sweet 4th, I prayed she would. I am sorry you are sick, hope you are well soon.

Your words are sweet; you are blessed to have Kristy but it is obvious she has been blessed to have you.

Teresa from AL

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Rhonda Gibson said...

Good Morning Melton and Kristy! You both are such a blessing to me. I'm praying for both of you to have perfect healing.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Mary Connealy said...

Hope you're feeling better Milton. All of your family are in my prayers.

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, it was wonderful to share the July 4th festivities with you and other family members. A very special occasion. And last night after we arrived back home we were wonderfully surprised to answer our phone and discover our beloved Kristy wanted to talk to us.........it was a special treet to converse with her via telephone. She is SPECIAL!

Our love and prayers.

Mom & Dad

Personal: To Teresa from AL, I'm wondering if we know you? Was your Dad's name Bobby L. and an AG minister? Thanks!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Praying for you both today.

Carrie in NJ

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

Sounds like the flu perhaps. Ugh! Had that awful stuff in January. Praying for you both.... as well as the girls.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I pray daily, visit daily, but comment seldom. You have been blessed to have been married to a wonderful womon.My prayers are with you daily.
God Bless,
Ginger

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Victoria Bylin said...

That was beautiful, Milton. You must be married to a romance writer :) You and Kristy are in my prayers.

 
At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What extravagantly beautiful words so poetically communicated. As a husband & wife we have been profoundly touched and ecouraged by the strength, depth of love & commitment expressed in this difficult journey. What an inspiration you both have been to so many.
Jack & Chris

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Praying for both of you and hope you feel better. Kristy's dreams may have been limited in some ways, but her writing has unlimited potential for the hearts it continues to touch. God bless you both.

Barb

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,

I hope you don't mind. I copied your Saturday posting and sent it in it's entirety to my son and sons-in-law. It is the standard to live up to.

Thank you for Kristy's and your transparency.

I am praying for you both.

By the way, guess who is driving Kristy's old Honda? Larry and me. Like the energy bunny, it's still going!

Brenda Foskey

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post, Milton. It shows the writer in you more than your usual updates. I love your ideas on what romance is.
I pray blessings over you and over Kristy, especially. May God's healing hands hold her head, heart, and body together and bless every cell with LIFE. In Jesus' Name.
love,
Linore Burkard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home