Friday, July 04, 2008

OUR CHRISTIAN LOVE STORY CONTINUES

Milton, here for Kristy:

I am typing at Kristy's computer. As I sat down to write, I felt her fingers on the keys where she has typed and shared so much of her heart in writing. Her fingers were reaching up to me through these keys. Her presence is marked at this spot. Oh, how I wish she were here sitting by me.

Her blog has over 600 posts and she has typed many books on these keys. She has ten works of christian fiction published, several completed and not published, many others in various stages of development, and over 600 articles published.

These keys know her touch well. They have felt her warmth, her energy, her desires, and passions. They have partnered with her in her dreams and desires. They are her friends.

We have sat at this computer together with me working with her or she would sit with me on some project I would be working to complete. We have so many common interests, but writing is one that God put in both of our hearts.

Back in the middle '70's the Lord spoke to me that God would use Kristy in writing and that we would write together. Her burden to write began to develop right during that time even though we never discussed what was in our hearts. Later she told me she felt the same.

She has taken the lead in writing and I have supported her all that I could. I bought her one of the first apple computers, and she was scared of it. She really didn't want me to buy it. I told her that she would thank me many times for buying that computer, and she has.

As years progressed she had a desire to go to writer's conferences and go back to college to get a degree. I told her that she had done everything in her power to help me and I would support her dream. I have prayed, believed, encouraged, gone with her, and stood with her as she as done the same for me all these years.

That's what our christian love story is all about. It is about two people loving God, yielding to His will, and striving together to bring glory to His name. We have complimented and completed each other. That is what is so hard about the possibility of losing Kristy.

I feel as if one hand is reaching up to God pleading for her healing and the other hand is struggling with letting her go. My body feels like it is being pulled apart.

My heart breaks that she is limited in fulfilling her dreams--our dreams. No, I haven't given up, but it is beyond my ability to turn this situation around.

I will rest and trust in our Lord. He has made our christian love story.

***

How is Kristy?

Thursday she rested and slept. Her communications are weaker. This morning she greeted me with, "I love you." That is all that matters now.

11 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger nanatrish said...

We are so blessed that both of you write so well. To be able to pen your thoughts and relay such heartfelt moments is such a gift. God is with you, even in the valley. He promised He will never leave us. That one promise can take us through anything. I am still praying for your both!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

whatever the Lord decides to do, here, in His perfect will, we can take heart in the fact that Kristy's words, and yours, will live on until the end of the world.

Habakkuk 3:1 A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet. On shigionoth.

2 LORD, I have heard of your fame;
I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD.
Renew them in our day,
in our time make them known....

Yes, please, Lord!
Praying, praying....

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you all!
Karla Jonesboro, Ar

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless You both Milton! My prayers are with Julie too, I am sorry she is not feeling well. ~~~ Lori in California

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never written, but each day since November I have followed this blog. I have been strengthened by your lives and both the girls and grandchildren.
May God richly bless you at this time. It is so hard to understand, but God has a reason and we have to accept his will. Please know that many prayers across the world are going out for all of you.
Frances

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Dear Friends,
One of my favorite posts was the one where you walked around your house and showed us all the rooms including your office with your two desks. It made me smile to think of you both working away in that office, typing stories, sermons, articles, letters, blogs, and much more.

The first time I met you both was at the annual CBA conference. We went to an ACFW dinner together, and you so kindly gave me a ride back to my hotel after. I remember being impressed with your deep voice, gracious spirit, and the kindness and consideration you showed Kristy.

Kristy and I grew closer at the next ACFW conference and we brainstormed ideas for our first anthology. Kristy had her heart set on helping me get published, and a year or so later, we wrote Wedded Bless together with Susan and Sally.

You two are a great team! It's a blessing to see a husband encourage his wife to follow her dreams, and then to travel with her to CBA and other events to help her along. That's true love and servanthood. I appreciate that!

I am praying for you all today, asking God to give you an extra measure of grace, courage and strength. Thanks for faithfully writing to us each day.

Love and prayers from
Carrie in NJ

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,

The only one who loves Kristy more than you is God.

You have been a wonderful husband to her.

No regrets for you both have loved and laughed and served God to the best of your ability.

Blessing to you both.


Peace to you both.

Joy in the midst of sorrow to you both.

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember what Katherine Marshall did when her husband Peter was taken home at such a young age.

She gathered his sermons and writings and wrote several books. Mr. Jones, Meet your Maker and A Man Called Peter.

She fulfilled her dream of writing with her dear Peter that way.

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all are in my heart and in my prayers today. I know this is so difficult. God be with you.

Love and Prayers,
Cathy (TN)

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

I give thanks to God today that he is upholding you and your family, and especially Kristy. My heart reaches out to you all during this difficult time. I pray his peace will continue to surround you, and as always for healing.

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

My heart breaks and I cry as I write this for Kristy and for her limits in filling her dreams, but Kristy is one awesome lady who has fulfilled such a large part of her Christian writing dreams. Always remember that. I don't feel her dreams are limited in that way, because I know God is going to unlimit their reaching and growth potential.

I can understand how you're torn with holding her and letting her go. I felt the same way when my mother was on her death bed. I prayed for God's will and the best for my mother. Mom never wanted to be in a nursing home, and she never wanted to see her children die before her. She got her wishes on both accounts. God is good. He took her home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home